session view clip recording not starting on the 1

Discuss Push with other users.
dr4track

session view clip recording not starting on the 1

Post by dr4track » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:01 am

This is a recent problem for me I dont knoe if this is thr right sub forum pls excuse my ignorance. I have been having problems recently recording clips in session view. I record my first pass no problem but then when i want to overdub for some reason the recording starts at a random spot in the clip usually seems to choose bar 3. My fixed length recording is not on. This is extremely problematic as when im trying to follow another clip or even start any automation recording i have to wait for a full pass of the clip to start on bar 1. so if im folowing another clip its basically impossible. This has only started happening recently. like 2 weeks or so. I downloaded the latest beta version of 9.7 (which is what im working on btw, with a push 1) becuz i read somewhere this was a bug and had been fixed just tried out a new recording with the newest 9.7 beta version and low and begold same issue. Perhaps theres a setting i accidentaly switched on that i dont know about , ive tried looking everywhere in ableton to find a solution at this point im at a loss. If anyone out there has had a similar issue and has solved it please let me kno.

Thanks in advance

MartyLake

Re: session view clip recording not starting on the 1

Post by MartyLake » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:01 pm

When you longpress FIXED LENGTH, there is an option PHRASE SYNC. not sure what this does, but I had a similar issue until I disabled it