Win10: PUSH 2 working from one USB port - not others

Discuss Push with other users.
spip72

Win10: PUSH 2 working from one USB port - not others

Post by spip72 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:34 pm

Hi,

Recently my push2 started getting stuck on logo screen. Until then, it worked fine - I don't think I've changed anything. Today I decided to try and fix it. After some experimenting, I can get the Push 2 to function on just one USB port, while it gets stuck on the logo screen using at least two other USB ports on the same computer. Regardless of the USB port, Push2 always appear in device manager under USB devices as "Push 2 Display", and in all instances, it's recognized in Ableton under Preferences->Midi.

Any idea what's going on?

Regards,
Spip72

fishmonkey

Re: Win10: PUSH 2 working from one USB port - not others

Post by fishmonkey » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:01 am

Windows sometimes gets confused when the same device has been used in multiple USB ports.

it's been years since i've had to do this to a Windows box, but, from memory, the first thing you can try doing is plugging the Push into each USB port, deleting the USB device driver for each port using the Device Manager as you go.

sometimes it is necessary to edit the Registry to nuke duplicate entries. i've done this before but the steps are long gone from my brain. plenty of guides on the web.