Question -How to trigger a clip from the beginning of sample

Discuss Push with other users.
SuperDave71

Question -How to trigger a clip from the beginning of sample

Post by SuperDave71 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:42 pm

Good morning everyone,

I just received my new Push 2 2 days ago and I have been watching online videos in order to get up to speed. I have a quick question if someone wouldn't mind helping me out.

Let me see if I can explain what I am looking for...

Let's say you are playing a live set and you have a vocal track that you want to trigger and the first word of the vocal sample is "Bring"....( bring the bass)

How can I setup the sample so when I press the button on push 2 that it retriggers from the beginning? I want it so if I press the button multiple times, it creates a B-B-B-Bring the bass?

I am looking to press the button and have the sample replay. Another example would be the sample: "I wanna rock right now"...I would like it to repeat from the beginning when I press the button so it would trigger the word "I" every time I trigger it.

Example:

Every time I press the button, it plays "I" Three times in sync would be "I, I, I" then release and it plays "wanna rock right now."

I hope that makes sense. I am 100% certain this is a simple thing to achieve but i come from a Maschine Studio background and I am a little bit of a loss.

Thank you so much in advance and I appreciate the assistance.

-SuperDave71 :D

SuperDave71

Re: Question -How to trigger a clip from the beginning of sample

Post by SuperDave71 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:38 pm

I was able to figure out what I needed last night. The way I accomplished this was to double click on the sample I wanted. I looked at the clip properties below and click the "L" in the bottom left so I could see the "Launch" properties. Under the "Quantization" option, I changed it from "Global" to None.

I was able to press the pad and get the desired effect I was looking for.

I hope this helps another newbie like me.

Thanks,

SuperDave71 :D