Push 2 with komplete kontrol mk2

Discuss Push with other users.
thegophoto

Push 2 with komplete kontrol mk2

Post by thegophoto » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:36 pm

I have a KK MK2 keyboard and a push 2. I use the push 2 for certain instruments (drums, ableton instruments) and use the KK MK2 for Komplete kontrol instuments. I have both set up to control the mixer in ableton (control surface settings). I would like to choose an ableton instrument track (for instance, track 2 with an ableton drum rack) on the push and not have it affect the KK mk2 track (for instance, track 4 with a komplete kontrol massive instrument). Is there a simple way to do this? I hope I have explained this correctly. Thanks.

Gregory Wells-King

Re: Push 2 with komplete kontrol mk2

Post by Gregory Wells-King » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:35 am

Select different midi channels.

You can do this from the drop down menu in Lives tracks.

:oops:

thegophoto

Post by thegophoto » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:29 pm

I know I can select the KKmk2 in the KK track. Thanks though, sometimes can be something simply missed.

My problem is when I select, say an ableton drum rack on the push, my KKMK2 switches to that track also and I loose the ability to edit my KKMK2 instrument (can still play the sound, but loose the edit features). This has something to do with being able to use the KKMK2 in mixer mode for ableton and the push connected at the same time.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:51 pm

Because both are "control surfaces" they will interact with Live as global control devices for the intelligent stuff which means they follow where you are at.

However, as mentioned you can lock the MIDI to a track using the MIDI routing and for the smart control stuff you need to manually switch it to the instance you are using by opening the Komplete Kontrol window and pressing the small keyboard icon in the top right.

The KK keyboard will, however, jump to focus when you next arm a track so you need to re-connect the smarts if this happens.

Gregory Wells-King

Post by Gregory Wells-King » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:36 am

Hi since opening this thread, I to now have a Push and Komplete so I now know a bit more of where you are coming from.

I can’t see much of a work around unless you set the Komplete control to midi mode and use an normal vsti instance of the plugin your choosing on a track in Live.

It’s funny I just get used to working in a certain way in my studio, then I switch it up and find I’m back to playing ‘whack a mole’ again with my set up, just can’t hit two spots at once can yer?

thegophoto

Post by thegophoto » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:17 pm

Yeah, I could set it to midi mode, but then it kind of defeats the purpose of the komplete kontrol software/hardware integration. Thanks for all your replies, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.