Is there a Push 1 factory settings reset?

Discuss Push with other users.
jx3

Is there a Push 1 factory settings reset?

Post by jx3 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:50 pm

I need to rest my Push 1..clear all settings and start over. Is there a factory reset on this? I think I remember doing this at one time but maybe it's another controller I"m thinking of. :p

Resetting Live doesn't fix my issue...

jestermgee

Re: Is there a Push 1 factory settings reset?

Post by jestermgee » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:20 pm

And what is your issue?

There are no settings (apart from velocity) stored within Push, it is all sent from Live so no, there is no reset.

jx3

Post by jx3 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:40 pm

Well, I was experimenting with using Push 1 as a midi controller outside of Live. Been playing w/ an app called Gridlock last couple of days (http://www.sigabort.co/gridlock.html) and it's been pretty useful w/ standalone Max...pretty cool application...but also pretty complex, at least for me it is.

But when I decided to use Push w/ just Ableton Live this morning all I got was, "Ableton Push Please start Live to play..." message, all pads/rotoraries/button lights are off. Only the LCD screen is on. I can play the pads/synths if I load a synth like Operator but that's all. No lights or nothing. Also, if I turn the rotary controls it's changing some parameter (maybe the octave knob, not even sure). It's like all of my control surface setting for Push are gone. And to make me think that even more, there is no Push under my Control Surfaces anymore, only Push 2. I'm pretty sure I had a Push selection as well.

Things I've done so far:
* Opened Live's Preferences => Link / MIDI preferences, under the Control Surfaces drop-down menu, select "None". Then re-select Push 1 (only Push 2 was available though so I choose Push 2. I also choose None as well, no change. It's suppose to will re-start the Control Scripts that Push 1 requires to run.

*Open this hidden folder, Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live x.x.x/. Then delete Preferences.cfg, Undo folder (in Live 9 this is Undo.cfg) and Template.als (if present). Only the Preferences.cfg was present.

*Under Device Manager, Right-click Ableton Push select 'Uninstall' driver, restart, turn on Push 1.

* Got in touch with tech support. I send the .zip they wanted but it's the holidays so might not get any more response for a while.

jx3

Post by jx3 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:54 pm

edit: Yeah, a simple uninstall / reinstall solved that headache...thanks jestermgee for that info...I won't be doing that anymore tho...lol...

All that being said. If the settings are in Ableton Live, can't I uninstall, then re-install Ableton Live and everything should be back like it was before?