All times are UTC

Post subject: Scale changes on the fly in Push
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:44 pm 

How do you handle scale changes in the middle of jamming? Is there a way to do that by using ClyphX or some other tool?

The other approach would be to get push to play one scale and have the changes done via something like j74 Progressive. Not sure how this would affect the light feedback for the notes recorded.

It sounds like still the future of DAWs.

Post subject: Re: Scale changes on the fly in Push
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:34 am 

You can have different scales for each track.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:32 am 

…best: http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... cale-o-mat

…there‘s also a version that combines it with a chord player…

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:05 pm 

It reminds me that I have a M4L device that does just that, ready since a few weeks now. The scales is track dependant, and each time you select a track Push's scale gets updated automatically.
Will publish it tomorrow or so.

more M4L devices

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:03 pm 

I am looking for a way to alternate scales within one song proabably across all musical tracks - as it happens in some songs.

Thanks for scaleomat. I guess it is Live 9? There are quite a few solutions - getting to know them to make a lasting choice is trickier than it was to learn Live 5! Lucky the ones with musical education.

edit. Wow, it works in Live 10! Many thanks. The only thing is now how it integrates with Push 1.

The idea is that I want to learn to find a way to explore scales and apply transitions to songs in process that is free from show-stopping technical steps. Something like Korg's Karma.

Push has streamlined my songwriting but at the same time uncovered the harmonic deficiencies. There is a great video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7_lq6sjvaQ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:54 pm 

…just put the master device on a dedicated track and the „slave devices“ on your instrument tracks…changing the scale on the master device (i‘ve mapped the root note and scale to my push) then changes the scale on every track…(this would be the simplest way to do it…you could do more complicated variations with the master device‘s four groups)…