All times are UTC

Post subject: Push 2 default view/configuration (Session on, Mix on)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:58 pm 

Hi all

just got my Push 2 and is really a great device! I thought I checked all I needed to check, but even going through the manual I can't seem to find something I thought was simple...

Is it possible to somehow save a 'View' (or configuration) so that Push 2 automatically goes for example with Session and Mix buttons turned on?

Every time I load a different Liveset it goes to Note / Device, while I need it to Session / Mix...and during a live set is very annoying to press all those buttons every time...any hint? Am I missing something? :-)

Post subject: Re: Push 2 default view/configuration (Session on, Mix on)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:42 am 

That's just how it loads up and cannot be changed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:50 am 

Thanks a lot for your reply :)

I do still love a lot Live and Push 2...but still I think where they gain for the novelty of the idea (and that's a very good idea!), they fall at lots of things that matter once you get out of bedrooms or youtube and have to actually perform where your Logic or Pro Tools performed for years and were refined for professionals.

Looks like the main thing Ableton care are beatmakers more than welcoming also musicians who want to integrate this beautiful device and mentality in a more 'classic' workflow.

Saving 'scenes' to be recalled so that a specific setup/configuration/layout is loaded, possibly per song, would help a lot.

Digital FOH mixers did this for decades now..well, let's hope they'll do something like that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:49 pm 

Following on this, solution is to use ClyphX Pro and pushing the mode change via clip.