Push 2 default view/configuration (Session on, Mix on)

Discuss Push with other users.
deadwing2

Push 2 default view/configuration (Session on, Mix on)

Post by deadwing2 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:58 pm

Hi all

just got my Push 2 and is really a great device! I thought I checked all I needed to check, but even going through the manual I can't seem to find something I thought was simple...

Is it possible to somehow save a 'View' (or configuration) so that Push 2 automatically goes for example with Session and Mix buttons turned on?

Every time I load a different Liveset it goes to Note / Device, while I need it to Session / Mix...and during a live set is very annoying to press all those buttons every time...any hint? Am I missing something? :-)

jestermgee

Re: Push 2 default view/configuration (Session on, Mix on)

Post by jestermgee » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:42 am

That's just how it loads up and cannot be changed.

deadwing2

Post by deadwing2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:50 am

Thanks a lot for your reply :)

I do still love a lot Live and Push 2...but still I think where they gain for the novelty of the idea (and that's a very good idea!), they fall at lots of things that matter once you get out of bedrooms or youtube and have to actually perform where your Logic or Pro Tools performed for years and were refined for professionals.

Looks like the main thing Ableton care are beatmakers more than welcoming also musicians who want to integrate this beautiful device and mentality in a more 'classic' workflow.

Saving 'scenes' to be recalled so that a specific setup/configuration/layout is loaded, possibly per song, would help a lot.

Digital FOH mixers did this for decades now..well, let's hope they'll do something like that.

deadwing2

Post by deadwing2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:49 pm

Following on this, solution is to use ClyphX Pro and pushing the mode change via clip.

Stormchild

Post by Stormchild » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:58 am

+1

Just got a Push 2 and don't like the fact that it insists on switching back to Clip/Note views every time I launch Ableton Live or create a new project. Why isn't this just saved with the default project when using "Save Current Set as Default"? Mix and Session views are clearly the most useful defaults.

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:27 pm

There is nothing Push(2) remembers, only it's firmware....... It is the way Live behaves - after all it is Live that steers Push(2).
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

Stormchild

Post by Stormchild » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:19 am

This is still a problem in Ableton Live 11.1.

I don't know why it doesn't just save which views were active when you save a project, but if that's impossible, surely there could at least be a setting in Live to configure the default views. Every time I launch Ableton Live or switch projects, I have to press Session, Mix on Push to get it back to my preferred modes. Every. Single. Time.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:20 pm

Yeah, I also hate how I have to press the power button to use my computer, Every. Single. Time.

Its 1 button you press, is it really that bad?

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:34 pm

Couple button presses. First World problems eh
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P