Push 1 strange behavier collection

Discuss Push with other users.
silversurfer60

Push 1 strange behavier collection

Post by silversurfer60 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:14 pm

I'm on Live 10 suite and push 1 since 3 weeks. I have put some colored presets in the collection, named the colored folders pad&string, keys&piano and bass&guitar...

If I start push, I see first my collections, e.g pad&string, then drum rack, instruments and so on.

If I load preset from the collection folder pad&string, e.g. which is from the pack chop and swing, it will load and I can play it. If I go again to browse on my push there is not the collection shown with the next presets in pad&string, there is always:

instruments-instrument rack-ambient&evolving-noise. I have to scroll up again to the collection, folder pad&string and have to search my last preset. Doesn't matter which folder in the collection, every time the same result, after loading a presets from there, push jumps to instruments-instruments rack-ambient&evolving-noise.

What's this, anyone else have this behavier??

silversurfer60

Re: Push 1 strange behavier collection

Post by silversurfer60 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:54 pm

Hey anyone???

Nobody with push 1 and live 10?

What kind of forum is this? The big ignorance?

Why can't anyone debug, if push 1 makes the same behavier on his PC? If yes, tell me, if not, tell me too.

But write me.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:24 pm

I don't own a PUSH 1 and can be of no help here so really, this post is a waste of your time but I was fearful I would still be lumped in the pile of big ignorance if I didn't speak when demanded too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tho it sounds to me like when you go and browse, the browser is simply jumping to the top of the list which might be normal.

I don't use Push to browse since these kinds of problems slow down the process of finding sounds (IMO) and I guess I could boot up live, load up a test and confirm on Push 2 but i'm far too lazy to do that

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:36 pm

Here the same on a Push2 with Live 10 Suite.... Not really a problem, but yeah you're right!

I'm sorry too - did not mean to be ignorent.....
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

silversurfer60

Post by silversurfer60 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:42 pm

Ok,

thank you guys, seems this is a normal behavior of push, but with all other folders it works, if I load a preset from e.g. Analog-Bass-Sqarebass and the next preset on the list is sawbass, push jumps to this, if I load it per browse button, like in anyother folders.

Only with the collections it will not work, no matter why.

So I don't wanna waste no longer my time with this problem.

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:23 am

Same problem, the collection was made for an easy short cut, but it dosent work on Push 1 or 2, it put you right back to the root path instead of staying in your collection folder.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AbletonPushVstRacks/

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:41 pm

I need to check but here's my supposition on what happens:
when you want to hot swap a preset you've first loaded from a collection, pressing browse will go to the original parent folder of your coloured preset/item, in your case the "chop and swing" pack.
Ableton Forum Moderator

silversurfer60

Post by silversurfer60 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:44 pm

Ok,

I start push, then I start ableton, then I push the browse button and the first entry on my push screen is the collection folder 'pad', with his first entry Apastron, which is from the pack Glitch and Wash.

So after I load this preset from the collection, two things happen.

1. The browser in Live changed to the pack Glitch and Wash and shows me the preset Apastron, the root path?!?!

2. The browser on my push diplay goes to instruments-intrument racks-ambient&evolving-Ambient Noise, an old analog noise preset, which has nothing to do with my first loaded pad preset Apastron from the Glitch and Wash pack.

And to this folder push goes all the time, whenever I swap a preset form the collections, even if I choose a drum rack preset from my collection folder 'drums'.

But I didn't use this old Analog Ambient Noise preset never before, it is in my user library, I Think I saved it there from the old live8 library. And I don't know, why push goes to this preset everytime.

Is it possible to reset some things in push or ableton, to stop this behavier.

Other users told me similar problems, e.g. that the push 1 and 2 browsers gos to the root path of the presets of the collections. This is absolutely flow inhibiting, the collections should make it easier.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:50 pm

Ok, it sounds worth than what I've imagined, and I can't recall observing such weird behaviour.
Make sure to report this to support@ableton.com, and I'll forward your infos on my side.
Ableton Forum Moderator

silversurfer60

Post by silversurfer60 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:56 pm

Thank you.

I reported it to ableton's support 2 days ago. I look forward to an explanatory answere.

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:34 pm

Still the same problem in the new Beta version 10.1b12, you cant browse your own instrument racks in collection, When you go to your collection folder with your instruments racks, choose a folder within it and then pressing browse on Push 1 or 2 to get a new preset instrument rack from the very same folder you was in from the start, you get directed back to the root away from the collection folder instead of staying in the very folder in collection you started up in.

I've done a folder in user files/user libray/presets/instruments/instrument racks- coloured instrument racks for the collections folder, it is in that folder i cant browse my instruments via Push 1 or 2.