Use Push 2 to control songs in arrangement view?

Discuss Push with other users.
kentabenno

Use Push 2 to control songs in arrangement view?

Post by kentabenno » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:08 pm

we use a single live project containing stems to all our backing tracks. now I am looking for the most practical way to controll this project (start/stop song) with push 2. ideally I would love to get rid of the laptop from our stage completely and hide it out of view.

the only way I have found up until now is to set location markers for every song and assign them via midi to the push in user mode. but I find this frustratingly unpractical, because I get no visual feedback whatsoever, e.g. wether I have pushed the right button or not.

does anybody use ableton and push in this way? is there ANY way to jump to markers using a drum rack or something else? I have googled a lot already but did not find anything helpful yet.

thanks for any help!

Valiumdupeuple

Re: Use Push 2 to control songs in arrangement view?

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:29 pm

This M4L device allows to set and navigate your locators in Arrangement. Plus many other things.

kentabenno

Post by kentabenno » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:53 pm

Valiumdupeuple wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:29 pm
This M4L device allows to set and navigate your locators in Arrangement. Plus many other things.
Thanks, before I buy this, can you tell me wether there is reliable visual feedback (glowing pads/info on display) about which cuepoint is selected?

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:43 pm

You create/delete/navigate them from the pads.
There's no visual feedback for their names... but I'm definitely adding this in the next update as I wanted to implement a few informations on the screen (global quantization value...)