Push 2 and Device selector dot not update pads

Discuss Push with other users.
gugasprod

Push 2 and Device selector dot not update pads

Post by gugasprod » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:03 pm

Hello!

I have an issue with push 2 for a live setting.

I basically created a device containing a chain selector that selects different drum racks based on the song. I would map the drum rack devices on/off to a chain Selector macro (mapped from 0 to 127) and each drum rack would have a specific number 1, 2, 3 etc.

These Drum rack get activated via clips in my live setting and they would trigger the correct drum rack pads to play depending on the song.

Although at the moment when the drum rack change the display of the pads on my push 2 is stuck on the drum rack number 1 in the chain and it does updated the leds of the pads to associate it with the selected drum rack. This sucks big time as you cannot see if you play the correct pads. So I wanted to know if someone here at the same issue... I looked at previous thread but no solution was provided.

Before push 2, I was using an akai mpd 226 and it worked fine as the display of the drum racks were updating correctly.

Thanks!

gugasprod

Re: Push 2 and Device selector dot not update pads

Post by gugasprod » Wed May 01, 2019 6:27 am

Here is my response from Ableton :

Thank you for getting in touch with Ableton support, this is Simone.
I'm sorry to hear about this issue.

This is not possible with Push as it only uses the top-most Drum Rack in the Instrument Rack.
I've attached this ticket to the feature request to change this behavior so that the Chain Selector position will be respected.

I can't promise this will change anytime soon but I'll let you know if there is an update on this topic.

Let me know if you have any other question.

Cheers,
Simone

Ableton Tech Support

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Push 2 and Device selector dot not update pads

Post by [jur] » Mon May 06, 2019 1:41 am

Thanks for the heads up.
Ableton Forum Moderator