"Touchstrip, you're dead to me!"

Discuss Push with other users.
sasori7

"Touchstrip, you're dead to me!"

Post by sasori7 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:00 am

Why in the world is the touchstrip dead in Session mode?
Why can't this thing be used as a crossfader when in Session mode?
I know about the 'user mode' which requires finger gymnastics to make work; absolutely ridiculous.
Actually, has anyone found a functional use for usermode, which blanks out the entire tablet's functionality?
Has anyone made a usermode (can you even save those settings?) that emulates the entire functionality of pushII?

I suppose, if I want to 'DJ' with push, I have to put four outs from my sound module to a mixer and use the fade on that external gear.
Does that sound like a smart solution?

Can the native push scripts be edited?

Incidentally, I have found a solution to the 'snap back' problem: Put a penny on the touchstrip. If you want to be able to handle it better, I found that using a USB cable-end cover (fits in the groove nicely), wrapped in foil works well.
If you want the 'dot' to stay, add something heavy to whatever you use to give it some heft. Or 3d print a fader 'knob'.
But still, you're stuck in User mode.

sasori7

Re: "Touchstrip, you're dead to me!"

Post by sasori7 » Sun May 19, 2019 1:57 pm

OK, well some of you are gonna hate me, but I've found a solution:
For using Push as a 'traditional' DJ unit: Buy BITWIG and get the free DrivenByMoss controller scriptpack. With this solution, you can have four tracks with FX chains (using Genys DJ template) and touchstrip as crossfader between a/b. The FX shows up as tabs across the display; hit a tab and you have the parameters of that FX group.
Problem solved.