Akai Force user thinking about buying a Push 2

Come here to discuss Push with other users.
For tech support, please head to http://www.ableton.com/help
J-Fly

Akai Force user thinking about buying a Push 2

Post by J-Fly » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:57 am

I'm currently learning Ableton Live. The goal was to get comfortable using Ableton before buying a Push 2. I then got a little too excited about the Akai Force and bought it instead. It's now collecting dust since it doesn't do what Akai promised including no arrangement mode, no Ableton Live integration, and the sampling is not as easy as it is on MPC X/Live. I'm seriously thinking about selling the Force (unless I'm still able to return it). My only concern is that with the Push 2 being out for a while that by the time I buy one a Push 3 or if I'm dreaming a standalone Push is announced. What does everyone think? Should I go for it? It sure seems like a new Push is coming.........soon. Of course Akai could finally update the Force but at this point I doubt that's going to happen.

miyaru

Re: Akai Force user thinking about buying a Push 2

Post by miyaru » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:41 pm

It doesn't seem that Push3 comes around soon. I to was tempted to the Akai Force, but deceided to stay with Suite 10 and Push2. It is more flexible in the end. And if you don't buy a device or software because of the fact something new will come around - then you buy nothing anymore - cheap way to go!!!! No without joking, just go for it, someone will buy your Akai, as there are geeks looking for it second hand, and go for Push 2!
Greetings from Miyaru.

Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro40, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Korg R3, NI Massive, Air Hybrid 3, Rob Papen's Predator 2, Sonarworks Reference 4 and Scaler.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:41 pm

J-Fly wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:57 am
It's now collecting dust since it doesn't do what Akai promised including no arrangement mode, no Ableton Live integration, and the sampling is not as easy as it is on MPC X/Live.
I don't know about the sampling, but the Force is going to get an arrangement mode before the end of the year, and they demoed it at winter NAMM switching between controlling it's own software and Ableton Live.
Push 2 would have the advantage with the newer plug ins like Wavetable where it shows a complex GUI, but the Ableton controller integration that AKAI showed looked pretty good. I guess I wouldn't know which way to go if I were you. One cool thing about the Force is not having to use anything else when you import your Live songs and other samples etc. to it. It's supposed to be the most integrated with Ableton, even more so than they own MPC2 software.

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:18 pm

Whoop whoop! Force and Live beta sign-ups...

https://www.akaipro.com/newsflash-akai- ... ng-program

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:19 am

And from the L10.1.2b4 release notes:

"Added support for the Akai Professional Force, MPC X, and MPC Live."
Ableton Forum Moderator