Turn off pad slicing mode after manual slicing

Come here to discuss Push with other users.
For tech support, please head to http://www.ableton.com/help
steveomentals

Turn off pad slicing mode after manual slicing

Post by steveomentals » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:53 pm

Hi

I have started using the Push 2 some time ago after using the Push 1 for a while. There are a lot of new features and some of them can also be used with the Push 1, but some of them have to be accessed via software.

I make sample based music, so I mostly use Simpler to slice the samples, which is pretty nice in manual slicing mode.

I have noticed, that with the Push 2, there is a "pad slicing" on and off option on the Push 2 screen in Simpler, with which you can turn off pad slicing mode, when you have made all the slices you want. With the Push 1, I would always accidentally hit an empty pad and create a new slice, which usually just cuts an existing slice in half.

After slicing a sample the way I want, I want to turn off pad slicing mode, so I don't accidentally break my slices. So far I haven't found this option with the Push 1. Usually when I close and later reopen the file it is off, but I don't want to do that every time I slice a sample.

This is what it looks like on the Push 2:

Is there an option somewhere in the software (probably in Simpler) to turn off pad slicing mode for Push 1?

Thanks for any advice.
Steve