Ableton Push 3 update

Discuss Push with other users.
Zadok Wu

Ableton Push 3 update

Post by Zadok Wu » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:37 pm

What do you think the chances are that there will be an Ableton Push 3 in April?

(I am definitely going to get a Push, just trying to work out when is a good time)

Tarekith

Re: Ableton Push 3 update

Post by Tarekith » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:38 am

Nobody has any idea, if they say they do, they are lying. :) If Push looks interesting to you as it is now, definitely get it now and get on with making music and having a good time. If you absolutely must wait for a new version (assuming there is one), all you can do is wait.

Not trying to be confrontational, just that with only 2 versions of Push released to date, it's not like an iPhone where you can predict a release time frame. All you're doing is basing your purchase on other people's guesses.
Last edited by Tarekith on Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Zadok Wu

Post by Zadok Wu » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:09 am

Yep, your right, the Push 2 is amazing the way it is. It is also hard to imagine that Ableton wouldn't be working on a MacBook Touch Bar style touch screen experience right now. (i.e. how amazing is this: https://www.reddit.com/r/ableton/commen ... sers_with/

I just know from past experience, when we are looking at larger purchases, I tend to get quite annoyed if a new version comes out a few months after I have purchased it. So I am trying to avoid the aggravation.

spacelake

Post by spacelake » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:56 pm

Well, their hardware team seems to be growing.

https://www.ableton.com/en/jobs/apply/156903/

Zadok Wu

Post by Zadok Wu » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:48 am

Well spotted, although technically it could just be replacing a staff member who is leaving. Heres hoping for new exciting things to come 😀

torbenscharling

Post by torbenscharling » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:56 pm

Hopefully they fully implemented Push 2 before going to a potential v3 so many areas are lacking it’s not wise to just wish for a Push 3 when in reality what you should wish for, is for Ableton to care bringing Push 2 up to speed, finish developing Push 2 first - very little has changed since 2015 so ya, maybe think about your priorities maybe it’s better to ask Ableton to finish Push 2 development first also to prove to the community that they actually can, and care.

[art]

Post by [art] » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:08 am

I've been wondering the same thing myself. I had Push 1 and then Push 2 for while, but I actually sold the Push 2 what is now a couple years ago, surprising not to see an update in that time.

However it's coming round for Summer where I live and I always like to make music at that time, I'm feeling the pangs to grab a Push as its so great for making music.

I remember some of my misgivings about the device the last time I owned it, but I can live with those gripes in the immediate future. It still surprises me how the price hasn't really budged all these years later.

I think whenever Push 3 lands, it will be so far ahead of the current device, they will basically seem like two seperate things.

A smaller form factor, tapable buttons, an interface built in, battery power, and even the ability to jam independent of a laptop would all be huge improvements that would warrant an upgrade imo. Although it remains to be seen how much of this is possible and what workflow limitations may be present.

I love the idea of being on a couch with an Ableton Push and headphones, and thats it. No laptop, no interface, no PSU or USB cable. In the meantime that's what it is - it's more desk-based. Who knows what direction they would take a third iteration.

An alternate route of exploration, ala Ableton Link, would be if they worked on some kind of wireless audio protocol - so you could have your laptop open where Ableton is running, but everything happens over a network. That would be really cool and save on the Push having to have such intense instrument CPU processing etc.

It's not 'jamming in a park or cafe on ableton push without a laptop', but I'd happily take 'jam with push on your couch' as the next marketing angle for the mk3 :lol:

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:52 pm

I’m thinking we’ll be seeing MPE capabilities at the same time so probably not until Live 11.0 at least.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

billpayer

Post by billpayer » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:25 am

[art] wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:08 am
I love the idea of being on a couch with an Ableton Push and headphones, and thats it. No laptop, no interface, no PSU or USB cable.
You basically just described what Novation did with the circuit. :D
(Bill Payer|3745 SoundSystem|Chome)

cyan2k

Post by cyan2k » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:06 pm

I would be content with a Push 2.5 with an integrated audio interface and on board sampling capabilities (audio ins) and full brightness by powering over USB.

I currently need an extremely mobile set-up and that's why I currently use Maschine (has an audio interface with audio ins, and you actually can read the displays by powering just over USB) even if I would prefer to use Push.

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:56 am

I wonder if people who are a bit desperate to a Push 3 really knows 100% of everything that Push 2 can do!
In my humble opinion, it's like wanting a new version of an already perfect Stradivarius violin.

https://www.facebook.com/AbletonPushVstRacks/

MissAngie

Post by MissAngie » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:05 pm

Lovelight, that's enough to say crz things, Push 1 & 2 are actually JUST simple controllers, contrary to what the sales department says (a profession intended to increase sales) :roll: , and certainly not instruments (I still know what it's, thanks), and even less a stradivarius hahaha :lol: !!!, Be sure you are a showman, you killed me. There is a sleeping potential :wink: . https://www.lyonplus.com/actualite/2019 ... radivarius
Because Push(es) does not produce sounds independently, without using Live. Any Push needs Live, but Live don't needs Push.

And in addition Push 2 it is not a finished product :

Multiple lacks :
_The price, when you consider that the Push 2 replaces the Push 1 and does not arise as a "luxury" alternative
_The exclusive USB socket which does not allow the use of any cable
_Self-coloring of clips of the same color as the track, which makes it very difficult to locate on the matrix in complex projects
_Still no arrangement record key (but that may change with future versions of Live in beta testing)
_Still no real function of copying and pasting clips in the place you want
_Still no possibility to act on physical audio I / O from Push
_Still no possibility to temporarily bypass the exclusivity of arming and soloing tracks from the Push

source : https://fr.audiofanzine.com/controleur- ... -2-la.html

ps: Safe Bet award (here) is, for me, under Innovation award.
Last Ableton Live for progressive psytrance, I hope for life.
I recommand the quite or hot pearls hunt in the https://www.psyshop.com CDs seller database (to plan aspirine).
"Less is more", motto of minimal art.

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:04 am

You're absolutely right. Remember days after a Push 3 is out then people will ask about Push 4, its a never-ending story where some folks forget to enjoy and experience what they already have in front of them. Tech evolves quickly so tomorrow there is a new thing we want our equipment to do. Merry Christmas.

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:19 am

Lot's of people are talking and asking for an audio interface build in in Push 3. I do not want that to happen. I just pick my own stuff whatever, whenever and at what cost I want. Also in the last two month I learned Push is not depending on Live, but can act as a more then potent controller for Reason11. You have to use Shove or even better Pusher(2) for it. I have both, but Pusher does it way better I know now.

I like it when it is not dependend on one DAW only.

I don't see Push2 as an instrument, but more as a tool for production. I guess we have to consider the more complex a new Push gets, the more power from a Mac/PC it will take. It is not easy to find the balance.

Like stated before bij others and myself: everyday samething new comes, don't wait for stuff, go out, buy it and use it!!!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:15 pm

For the ones wondering what Push2/PusheR2 does with Reason.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4yrHPx ... =emb_title
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen: