Ableton Push 3 update

Discuss Push with other users.
Mark Williams

Re: Ableton Push 3 update

Post by Mark Williams » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:11 pm

And quite right too. No need for standalone at all. A laptop with push2 can be more powerful than any standalone.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

Sean_Clarke

Post by Sean_Clarke » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:35 pm

Same can be said for AKAI MPC, but they sold a ton of units....NI obviously took notice and went standalone with Machine+
If they sell a lot Ableton will take notice, its a business after all and some people (maybe a lot of people) like to work without a computer....
DAWS: Live 11 Suite + PUSH2, Studio One, Bitwig and Reason all via an X32 desk: Instruments: modular and analogue stuff, guitars, basses and drums.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:45 pm

Nope. Nothing can still handle third party vsts in standalone yet, which most Ableton users use plus how can you exclude different edition users from standalone push, plus also cutting out all those max for live users and creators. Not gonna happen. Ableton is a full blown DAW the others you mention are not.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

Carnbot

Post by Carnbot » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:18 pm

I would also like a more Mobile Push solution. So if Ableton released a Push mobile app for iPad it would be very useful. it could offer a cut down version of the session view along with the drum/melodic sequencer and scales etc and could work with ipad AUv3 apps and hosts. then you could import your mobile jams back into Ableton Live when back in the studio or with a laptop.

I'm often wanting to use Push with my ipad and don't always want to go via Live and this could be a great solution as a Dawless set up for experimenting.
This could also work with the current Push hardware. :)

Seta666

Post by Seta666 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:39 pm

I think push 2 needs a companion more than an update, something arranger related. I with they made a hybrid between MCU and softube console 1 fader/channel strip in the samw form factor as push 2

8 motorized faders plus 16 encoders with display. Add mute, solo, select, rec buttons plus navigation buttons/wheel..

Lovelights

Post by Lovelights » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:23 pm

Right now there is a survey done by Ableton about Push 2, so it could be a sign of some working for a new controller/ Push 3.

Davnak

Post by Davnak » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:03 pm

Seta666 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:39 pm
8 motorized faders plus 16 encoders with display. Add mute, solo, select, rec buttons plus navigation buttons/wheel..
This is really what I would like more than anything. Push is great as a drum pad and performative tool, but as a mixer/plug-in editor I feels very cumbersome. (Which to be fair was not it's primary purpose)

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:02 pm

Seta666 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:39 pm
I think push 2 needs a companion more than an update, something arranger related. I with they made a hybrid between MCU and softube console 1 fader/channel strip in the samw form factor as push 2

I'd like something more like this as well: added focus & control for the Arrange View. Also like to see the sticky plastic coating & non-uniform encoder resistance issues resolved with better quality control.

Lovelights

Post by Lovelights » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:08 pm

Midi 2 on Push 3 would be fantastic.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AbletonPushVstRacks

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:37 am

Mark Williams wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:45 pm
Nope. Nothing can still handle third party vsts in standalone yet, which most Ableton users use plus how can you exclude different edition users from standalone push, plus also cutting out all those max for live users and creators. Not gonna happen. Ableton is a full blown DAW the others you mention are not.
nobody who wants a stand alone push 3 cares about those things, and those that want a stand alone push 3 who do care about those things don't care about them more than having a stand alone push 3 itself, and would be perfectly happy to have limited plugin access. You see people who want a stand alone ableton live are the users who primarily view ableton like a sampling beatmachine unto itself and they quite happily plan to provide ableton the instrument all of the sample fodder and external instrumentation themselves.. any limited additional plug in access or even full plugin, max for live etc... is all icing on the cake and of course very welcome.

also you mentioned that the other stand alone beat machines are not daws... but both the mpc and the machine + have full daw counter parts in software that their stand alone units are extensions of.... this methodology is tried and proven and already beyond reproach..... just sayin.

of course anyone who feels extremely strongly against using an stand alone push 3 certainly doesn't have to use it

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:19 am

starving student wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:37 am

nobody who wants a stand alone push 3 cares about those things, and those that want a stand alone push 3 who do care about those things don't care about them more than having a stand alone push 3 itself, and would be perfectly happy to have limited plugin access.

Any facts or statistics to prove you have spoken to everybody to back up this factual statement

You see people who want a stand alone ableton live are the users who primarily view ableton like a sampling beatmachine unto itself and they quite happily plan to provide ableton the instrument all of the sample fodder and external instrumentation themselves.. any limited additional plug in access or even full plugin, max for live etc... is all icing on the cake and of course very welcome.

Lots of people use 3rd party plugins so yet again, you cannot exclude all those customers that use Ableton, both Maschine+ and MPC have no third party plugins standalone

also you mentioned that the other stand alone beat machines are not daws... but both the mpc and the machine + have full daw counter parts in software that their stand alone units are extensions of.... this methodology is tried and proven and already beyond reproach..... just sayin.

As for mpc & Maschine+ if your having to plug them into software, whats the point of standalone, just grab a push2 and a laptop, and still be way more powerful than the other 2.Cheaper than Maschine+ too. .Just sayin........

chaibuka

Post by chaibuka » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:53 pm

Lovelights wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:08 pm

Totally-I'm not on Facebook- Could you maybe summarize the conversation. This along with chord mode would be awesome. Would love to edit midi on push same as in simpler. There is vst called remidi that has some cool features but real features built into live would be so much better.
http://songwish.ca/#/Products

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:17 am

Mark Williams wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:19 am
starving student wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:37 am

nobody who wants a stand alone push 3 cares about those things, and those that want a stand alone push 3 who do care about those things don't care about them more than having a stand alone push 3 itself, and would be perfectly happy to have limited plugin access.

Any facts or statistics to prove you have spoken to everybody to back up this factual statement

You see people who want a stand alone ableton live are the users who primarily view ableton like a sampling beatmachine unto itself and they quite happily plan to provide ableton the instrument all of the sample fodder and external instrumentation themselves.. any limited additional plug in access or even full plugin, max for live etc... is all icing on the cake and of course very welcome.

Lots of people use 3rd party plugins so yet again, you cannot exclude all those customers that use Ableton, both Maschine+ and MPC have no third party plugins standalone

As for mpc & Maschine+ if your having to plug them into software, whats the point of standalone, just grab a push2 and a laptop, and still be way more powerful than the other 2.Cheaper than Maschine+ too. .Just sayin........

it's possible that I'm being misunderstood, what I'm saying is that the many, many people who have expressed an interest in a Push 3 are aware of all of the issues you brought up, and they still want a push 3, not unlike all the folks who wanted a stand alone mpc or a stand alone maschine... I haven't spoken to everybody to back this up but I haven't seen anything in your post to show that you've followed your own metrics and done this either.... but what I can present is the circumstantial proof that has been on this forum as well as all of the music forums that we are all familiar with in the form of people interested in the development of a Push 3. ... The amount of people 'not' talking about their interest in a push 3 on the internet is not evidence of a push 3 not being a viable idea.... its the people talking about their interest in a push 3 that leads credence to the viability of the demand of a push 3.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:25 am

starving student wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:17 am

it's possible that I'm being misunderstood, what I'm saying is that the many, many people who have expressed an interest in a Push 3 are aware of all of the issues you brought up, and they still want a push 3, not unlike all the folks who wanted a stand alone mpc or a stand alone maschine... I haven't spoken to everybody to back this up but I haven't seen anything in your post to show that you've followed your own metrics and done this either.... but what I can present is the circumstantial proof that has been on this forum as well as all of the music forums that we are all familiar with in the form of people interested in the development of a Push 3. ... The amount of people 'not' talking about their interest in a push 3 on the internet is not evidence of a push 3 not being a viable idea.... its the people talking about their interest in a push 3 that leads credence to the viability of the demand of a push 3.
No one is denying that a push3 maybe on the way, but the idea of it being standalone is unanimously wanted is incorrect, You only have to read here, and many other online music forums, which all show other features are requested more than standalone.
Your getting a little confused in the fact that Ableton is a fully fledged DAW with Push being a dedicated controller for it, the others you mentioned are mainly beat production & sampling, that are slowly adding DAW-like features, but still fall way short of being a genuine DAW.

Lovelights

Post by Lovelights » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:19 am

chaibuka wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:53 pm
Lovelights wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:08 pm

Totally-I'm not on Facebook- Could you maybe summarize the conversation. This along with chord mode would be awesome. Would love to edit midi on push same as in simpler. There is vst called remidi that has some cool features but real features built into live would be so much better.
http://songwish.ca/#/Products
http://lovelight.biz