Ableton Push 3 update

Discuss Push with other users.
J-Fly

Re: Ableton Push 3 update

Post by J-Fly » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:50 pm

I got $1500 stowed away in savings and ready for the Push 3 purchase...............yep.................any day..............or year...............millennium

Sean_Clarke

Post by Sean_Clarke » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:02 am

I have fairly recently bought a PUSH2, personally I don't want or need it to do or be anything else.

I can see that some people may benefit from a different versions of PUSH- not a V3 but a maybe a PUSH MINI (smaller backpack version) or a PUSH Performer (PUSH with integrated USB soundcard, headphone socket, audio in maybe even speaker - just add laptop...)

@Ableton- feel free to use my names/ideas, just send me a free one :D
DAWS: Live 11 Suite + PUSH2, Studio One, Bitwig and Reason all via an X32 desk: Instruments: modular and analogue stuff, guitars, basses and drums.

MallorcaMalle

Post by MallorcaMalle » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:06 am

Push is already a great device and well-shought-out in terms of functionality and usability.
So it is just a few points that maybe a next push could have - but I guess that Ableton will come up with better ideas than my below points if they plan a new push:

- Higher screen oder screens could be able to display more information - but please no touch screen.
- Improved browsing experience for sounds and devices - e.g. additional NKS ready sounds browsing and preview?
- Chords button - maybe backed by a new chord device inside Live including many useful chord sets.
- Better buttons. Current are not bad but feel a little like jelly and are a bit hard to press, Maschine MK3 / KK MK2 buttons are the best.
- The encoders with ripples to have better grip (not sure what the correct engl. term is).
- A bit lighter and smaller would be nice - but pads should be at least the size of the push 2.
- Maybe fully USB-only-powerded (not dimmed)
Last edited by MallorcaMalle on Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:42 am, edited 6 times in total.

dna598

Post by dna598 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:24 pm

I have been using a Roland a TR6s recently,and having fun sequencing the drum rack with it.
I just think would be cool if Ableton take a look at a smaller form factor for their next device(s).
I need a Push device this small and dinky. The little pads are cute and very useable.
My push 2 is cumbersome and currently melting away in it's box. :evil:

Perhaps they could make a line of mini devices for different aspects of the App.

Aside from a dinky device like the TR6, for integrated tr style drum programming,
I would also jump on an expressive (mpe?) knob and OLED adorned mini keyboard with color LEDs on the keys to reflect clips and scenes.
Having a keyboard is just more important than pads to me, and i have always been happy to trigger clips and scenes with the keyboard. It would really just kill two birds with one stone on my desk.
I would like to see a dedicated "back to arrangement" button.
One small thing tho. I need front panel access to midi settings, to quickly change midi channels without needing a separate app (big gripe of mine since USB took over).

That's all really (It's not but that's where i am stopping).
ctrl + left/right = select transient

ctrl + shift + left/right = select between transients

ctrl + space = play selection

MallorcaMalle

Post by MallorcaMalle » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:40 am

No push 3 on Superbooth, so we'll have to be patient... 8)

J-Fly

Post by J-Fly » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:16 pm

Push 3 will release the same time a new Grand Theft Auto game releases.............better yet, when Dr. Dre's Detox album releases.

pottering

Post by pottering » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:23 am

J-Fly wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:16 pm
Push 3 will release the same time a new Grand Theft Auto game releases.............better yet, when Dr. Dre's Detox album releases.
Note that unlike GTA6 or Dr. Dre's Detox, Push 3 was never promised or even hinted, like ZERO signs from Ableton, no "reports" from anyone else either, right now there is only pure speculation from the users.
♥♥♥

Scoox

Post by Scoox » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:42 pm

I would also like to see a knob that always tweaks the last touched parameter (though for that we really don't need a Push 3 since it can be implemented in software).

Sean_Clarke

Post by Sean_Clarke » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:14 pm

If they ever make a new PUSH they should consider making it water proof (ingress protection) as even the smallest amount of liquid (beer/coffee) spilled on the pads get inside the unit and inhibit it working properly (I know from first hand experience!) - given that they are supposed to used 'Live' at gigs etc I think making them resistant to liquid is a must!
DAWS: Live 11 Suite + PUSH2, Studio One, Bitwig and Reason all via an X32 desk: Instruments: modular and analogue stuff, guitars, basses and drums.

J-Fly

Post by J-Fly » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:44 pm

pottering wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:23 am
J-Fly wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:16 pm
Note that unlike GTA6 or Dr. Dre's Detox, Push 3 was never promised or even hinted, like ZERO signs from Ableton, no "reports" from anyone else either, right now there is only pure speculation from the users.
ok

MallorcaMalle

Post by MallorcaMalle » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:18 pm

Push 3 must be very well-thought-out. Considering they then would have to care for the daw plus three different hardware devices that all must stay in sync with every update. Push 1 will maybe just get basic functional updates or one day be discontinued.

So far - other than 11.1 in the beta - nothing new. Just my desperate attempt to keep the rumors train somehow alive 8)

greenscreens

Post by greenscreens » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:15 am

i just hope the next push is more space efficient, Push 2 is gigantic and heavy, with lots of room to shrink some of the space down. It doesn't fit in a carry on case either. doesn't need to be mini but right now its an aircraft carrier

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:47 am

greenscreens wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:15 am
i just hope the next push is more space efficient, Push 2 is gigantic and heavy, with lots of room to shrink some of the space down. It doesn't fit in a carry on case either. doesn't need to be mini but right now its an aircraft carrier
Size is subjective, or so I have been told...

I find it alright, it's smaller than both my MCU and Maschine Studio. Personally I would love to see the main 8 encoders have a little more space between them.

vokinpirks

Post by vokinpirks » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:02 am

Comparing with the MIDI controlelr that I had before - AKAI MPK 249 - Push 2 is small, lightweight and really functional at the same time.
An obsessive knob twiddler

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:57 pm

I use my Push2 not only for Live 10 Suite, but also for Reason 11 Suite!

I find it handy, sturdy and proper working - really love it!!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen: