Discuss Push with other users.
starving student

Re: Ableton Push 3 update

Post by starving student » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:18 pm

Mark Williams wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:25 am
starving student wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:17 am

it's possible that I'm being misunderstood, what I'm saying is that the many, many people who have expressed an interest in a Push 3 are aware of all of the issues you brought up, and they still want a push 3, not unlike all the folks who wanted a stand alone mpc or a stand alone maschine... I haven't spoken to everybody to back this up but I haven't seen anything in your post to show that you've followed your own metrics and done this either.... but what I can present is the circumstantial proof that has been on this forum as well as all of the music forums that we are all familiar with in the form of people interested in the development of a Push 3. ... The amount of people 'not' talking about their interest in a push 3 on the internet is not evidence of a push 3 not being a viable idea.... its the people talking about their interest in a push 3 that leads credence to the viability of the demand of a push 3.
No one is denying that a push3 maybe on the way, but the idea of it being standalone is unanimously wanted is incorrect, You only have to read here, and many other online music forums, which all show other features are requested more than standalone.
Your getting a little confused in the fact that Ableton is a fully fledged DAW with Push being a dedicated controller for it, the others you mentioned are mainly beat production & sampling, that are slowly adding DAW-like features, but still fall way short of being a genuine DAW.
I wasn't aware of anyone discussing whether the desire for a stand alone push 3 was unanimous or not, your last post is the first time I'm hearing of it
so if that's what you guys are talking about my bad?....

anyways a stand alone push 3 would not have to run as a full daw in stand alone mode, just like the other beat machines run less powerful versions than their software daw counterparts.. a Push 3 would only need to be capable of sketching ideas and connecting to your computer to control the full daw like the others imo.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:12 pm

starving student wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:18 pm
. a Push 3 would only need to be capable of sketching ideas and connecting to your computer to control the full daw like the others imo.
Then there is no need for standalone. Simple as that.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

WilmarBoer

Post by WilmarBoer » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:56 am

My wishes for Push 3 ...
Actually nothing (though a stereo audio output would be nice to save audio interface cables and hassle on stage). And I don't think putting development resources in a standalone version would be wise. CPU and Memory development will always be more cost effective in a computer brand context. Apple, HP, Asus etc... will come up with much higher performance within weeks of a standalone Push. Let Push be the Instrument.

But please come up with ... Ableton Post 2. The much needed Push Arrangement View Extender.

- Same footprint as Push 2
- An optional frame to put them together on you're desk
- (Touch)screen for EQ, plugin control. Screen with 4:3 or 16:9 form factor not a letterbox size strip.
- 8 endles knobs and 8 motorized faders (even 1 motorized fader for active channel will do)
- Scrub/scroll wheel.
- Transport controls (with 3 play buttons: play from 0, play from playhead, play from last start point)
- Marker button (place marker, delete marker)
- 9 to 0 keypad for inserting numbers (markers, values etc...)
- Dedicated button section for quick recording (punch in, punch out, delete take, etc..)
- Dedicated button section for quick editing (nudge, trim, split etc..)

And softwarewise please extend Arrangement view and Session View with MIX VIEW!! (Alt-Tab).
A view wich basicly removes the tracks and clips, and brings the faders to the top with small plugin slots, layout like the clips in session view. And below that space for the device that is selected in the matrix above and at last at the bottom usual device row of the selected track.

Push 2, Post 2 and Ableton 11.1 with Mixer View would be my dream setup. On stage I will leave Post 2 at home. (And my audio interface too if Push 3 gets one.)
----
Making music is my hobby
Corporate photography is my passion: https://www.beeldvoerders.nl/bedrijfsfotografie

J-Fly

Post by J-Fly » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:17 pm

There's definitely a need for a standalone Push. I have an Akai Force and believe that Ableton can do a better job of delivering what Akai can't. I think sometimes when there are rumors or speculations of a new product on the horizon, owners of the current product are in denial or fear that their product will become obsolete. So regardless of what evidence is provided, those individuals will always respond with "there's no need for a standalone Push". I too was personally in denial when as a new owner of a Maschine MKII, Maschine Studio rumors started to circle on the forums. Part of me being against it was because I knew I couldn't resist buying the new one. Just a thought. :roll:

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:06 pm

You seem to forget about all those users that only use lite, or standard editions of Live, You would need 3 different editions of Push for those users, not gonna happen. As previously mentioned a big part of Ableton is using 3rd party VST instruments and FX, which a standalone rules out due to power,ram and CPU to run all those VSTs. Lets face it some laptops struggle with certain VSTs now. I can see some improvements for Push3, i.e Midi CV I/O, but standalone is not that step forward.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:25 pm

Mark Williams wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:12 pm
starving student wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:18 pm
. a Push 3 would only need to be capable of sketching ideas and connecting to your computer to control the full daw like the others imo.
Then there is no need for standalone. Simple as that.
I'm not sure how you can equate everyone who has a desire for a stand alone push with the notion that there is no need for a stand alone push, (of course I'm not speaking for you) ....where is the logic in that?

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:11 pm

No we just do not need it............ 8O
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:43 am

If your going to plug in your 'standalone' into a computer, then quite obvious dont really need standalone.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:15 pm

Based on heated conversations here we've decided to never do a Push 3. Instead we will release Push 4, which will require you to plug it into 2 computers, but only with a 100 meter USB cable while standing outside your studio.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:41 pm

Will push4 be usb powered then :mrgreen:

MallorcaMalle

Post by MallorcaMalle » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:55 pm

For me no need for standalone, even for session view brain storming ideas you need your high quality VSTs and FX and also all your well organized sample content. Standalone devices are fun... but very quick you need your computer, instruments, fx, big screen, workflow... so better right from the beginning.

I would be happy with a well-thought-out updated push. Maybe the buttons of the push 2 could be replaced (i.m.o. those of NI Maschine feel better)...

starving student

Post by starving student » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:26 pm

the Standalone Push won't be the first Hybrid nor the last, the proof of concept has already been proven and the demand for the supply already exist.
the only question is what it will be like.

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:45 am

No, it won't be there :mrgreen:
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

starving student

Post by starving student » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:29 am

it's already being worked on. :roll:

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:47 am

Push 4 has noe been cancelled too, I just found out. Who has some really forward thinking ideas for Push 5?
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com