Sync Focus Between APC40 and Push 1

Discuss Push with other users.
MetaphysicalConsultancy

Sync Focus Between APC40 and Push 1

Post by MetaphysicalConsultancy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:56 am

Overview:
So I'm using Push1/APC40 combo, which works great... with one exception:

I can obviously move the active focus frame around on either device independently, but I'd like to sync up the tracks visible on the two controllers.

More details/Whining:
Manually syncing the focus frames is can be pretty difficult when I'm using pedals and have a guitar in my hands. It's tricky when my armed or selected track is out of the focus frame (like if I'm stopping briefly to mix something differently on track 1, but I'm actually recording on track 12). The APC40 doesn't have track titles or clear indicators if you're not looking at the screen, making it worse. I basically use the APC40 as an extension of the Push, but this is making that difficult on large sets.

I can't find any info on the web. I'd like to avoid Ableton API, but I'll dive that deep if I need to.

Thanks
Last edited by MetaphysicalConsultancy on Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

MetaphysicalConsultancy

Re: Sync Focus Between APC40 and Push 1

Post by MetaphysicalConsultancy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:51 am

The question is the focus frame, not the active track.

A user can control 8 tracks at a time on either device. They are not necessarily the same 8 tracks. I'm asking if anyone has a solution to keep the same 8 tracks on both devices, even if I need to shift the focus frame left or right to control, for example, tracks 9 and 10.

I can do this manually but it's cumbersome and error prone.

MetaphysicalConsultancy

Re: Sync Focus Between APC40 and Push 1

Post by MetaphysicalConsultancy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:39 pm

I don't need the active track "in-frame." I basically want the left and right controls on either instrument to signal the left and right on both instruments. Can I do that with like a midi utility?