Push 1 questions (chopping samples, the start/end points)

Discuss Push with other users.
hiphopdontstop

Push 1 questions (chopping samples, the start/end points)

Post by hiphopdontstop » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:57 am

Question about Push 1... I have a Push 2 (mostly for teaching music production students of mine, because a few of them are obsessed with Ableton and Push 2, haha)... but I was thinking of snagging a Push 1 for a good deal, for workshops (two to 3 students at once-- one on Push 2, one on Push 1, and one on Launchpad Pro-- everyone using Live Lite).

With Ableton 10.1.6 (latest version), is it possible to manually chop the sample start/end points (for good sample-based hip-hop) in Simpler? Or Simpler while inside a Drum Rack? This is easily possible with Push 2, and the Novation SL MKIII, Launchkey Mini MK3 when they're as Control Surfaces (Launchkey no screens, but the 3rd and 4th knobs work perfectly for sample-chopping)... just wondering if the same is possible with Push 1, especially with the newer version of Ableton.

From what I hear, it's still a damn decent controller, and can be run on bus power, still being able to read everything on the screen.

Any info about Push 1 vs. Push 2 is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Last edited by hiphopdontstop on Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

hiphopdontstop

Re: Push 1 questions (chipping samples, the start/end points)

Post by hiphopdontstop » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:00 am

I did. But I didn't find anything specifically related to my question, hence asking here.

After some research, it seems this is not possible with Push 1. Thanks