Push 2 Looping Record Issues

Discuss Push with other users.
DozierBeats

Push 2 Looping Record Issues

Post by DozierBeats » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:22 pm

I've trying to set up a Live Looping performance on my Push 2 and I'm having issues when it comes to recording new loops. Sometimes when I press "record" again to stop a loop, it stops immediately, but when I try to do the same for another clip to stop recording it takes a whole bar to stop. I know there's that setting next to the metronome to change the count-in length, but I need that to be 1 bar for the initial start. I don't have a footpedal to stop recording while I'm finger drumming. Is there a hack to stop recording at different lengths without having to change count-in time? I'd have "fixed length" on but i'd need to change that per each track and that would take too long between phrases

Cjarrald

Re: Push 2 Looping Record Issues

Post by Cjarrald » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:30 pm

I've got the same issue for me. Sometimes when I hit record at the end of my finger drumming etc - it continues for another bar before stopping. Very frustrating.

Bump

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:32 pm

You could:
- use dummy clips to trigger rec and stop rec with the desired length for each track, but you'd need to set this up beforehand.
- make good use of the global quantize
- use a footpedal
Ableton Forum Moderator

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:49 pm

Can someone explain how to make dummy clips do this?
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel