odd Push Preference options

Discuss Push with other users.
zenke

odd Push Preference options

Post by zenke » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:37 am

Hi
I am noticing that I have strange options available to me in Preferences.

to set up Midi i get these options

Under MIDI
control surface Push2 Input Ableton Push 2 ( Live Port) Output Ableton Push 2 ( Live Port)

Then under Midi Ports only this shows
Input Ableton Push 2 ( User Port)
Output Ableton Push 2 ( User Port)

The point I am making here is that firstly under midi the Live port is available but does not show up under Midi Ports. Only User port shows there.

Thats a bit odd isn't it. Any idea how to reset this.anyone? Does anyone else have this issue?

I am on Live 10 most recent.

on a mac OSX 10.11.6

Thanks in advance

Jamie

hoffman2k

Re: odd Push Preference options

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi Jamie,

This is normal.
Push is 2 separate MIDI Devices rolled into one. If you press the User button, all MIDI coming from the device will be sent to the Push User Port.
Push is also a Control Surface, this is referred to as Live Mode. Ableton automatically connects Push as soon as it is detected.

If you were to use Push in some other MIDI Application while Live isn't running, both these ports would be available. But Push would look lifeless because the Control Surface section in Live's preferences controls all the lights and the display.
If you enable Track for the Push User Port in Live's MIDI Preferences, you will see that MIDI Tracks now have an additional input for the User Port.

zenke

Re: odd Push Preference options

Post by zenke » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:55 pm

OK, I see.... I think.

Anyway it works OK .

What does not work is my Push 2 XL script from Isotonik. I was wondering if it had anything to do with with this. But I guess not.

I have contacted isotonik but they have not been able to sort it out.

Thanks for your response.

Jamie