Display of Controller Assignments

Discuss Push with other users.
pulpicon

Display of Controller Assignments

Post by pulpicon » Sun May 24, 2020 1:19 pm

I don't have a Push, but I am interested in getting one (or the Novcation SL mk III, or an MPC Live with Ableton control...)

I would like to record a session to the arranger, and to have several knobs prepared for different synth/fx so I can record my tweakings in realtime while performing the song out of the launch-clips.

This works fine with my simple MIDI controller and the Ctrl+M MIDI assignment feature.

The specific questions are now:

1. Can the Push control several devices (softsynths) at once, or can its knobs only control the current device?
2. Can the Push display the parameter (or assignment) name for each knob in this several-devices-control- case?
3. Can the Novation SL mk III do this, too?

4. Can I setup banks of controller assignments, in order to prepare more than 8 "performance controls"?

5. I know that these "performance" controls which can affect any parameter in the whole structure are called "smart controls" in Logic. How are these called in Ableton? Simply the "global MIDI controller assignments"?

Thanks for your help!

pulpicon

Re: Display of Controller Assignments

Post by pulpicon » Mon May 25, 2020 6:39 pm

In the mean time, I have found some answers (at https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... I-mappings)

1. The Push can control several devices at once, but only in USER mode.
2. Push's LCD will not display any feedback when creating custom MIDI mappings in User Mode.