Whoops sorry please delete

Discuss Push with other users.
thinyorke

Whoops sorry please delete

Post by thinyorke » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:37 pm

Whoops sorry, just saw "no tech support" rule.

When I run my Push 2 on Ableton 10 on my 2017 Macbook Pro through a USB adapter it works great. When I plug in the AC power supply, the backlight is constantly brightening and dimming, in a flickering fashion. The push still works fine but its unusable with the flickering. Has anybody else encountered this issue?

Tarekith

Re: Whoops sorry please delete

Post by Tarekith » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:57 pm

You can get support form other users here, it's just not an official Ableton Tech Support channel. ;)

jestermgee

Re: Whoops sorry please delete

Post by jestermgee » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:15 pm

What happens if you disconnect Push from the USB and just power it using the power adaptor?

The display should show the push logo when not connected but do you see the same screen flicker and dimming?

If yes, the issue is either Push or maybe just a crook power supply

If No then there may be some issue between the USB power and the power supply or a grounding issue.
- If you are using an external USB hub/adaptor it could be faulty especially if it is one of those ones that allows you to connect the USB-C power supply thru to the laptop. I have had one for my Mac that when connected to the power brick caused the laptop to almost freeze.

- Try use connect Push tot he hub but leave the mac disconnected from power. This will prevent a possible ground loop between the Push and Mac power connections, also make sure the mac is not connected to anything else (such as audio interface or anything). Do you still have the issue?

After these tests you should be able to narrow down if the issue is more Push or the connection to your USB.