Push 2. For Beginners?

Discuss Push with other users.
klee13

Push 2. For Beginners?

Post by klee13 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:25 am

Could the Push 2 be used by a beginner? I've seen in posts and videos that it's very intuitive and since im spending more time with this hobby I was thinking a Push 2 and Launckey(I'm attempting to learn the keyboard) set up would be the way to go. I'm just not sure if the Push 2 would work for a newb like myself. But thanks to you guys here I'll be purchasing a launchkey.

miyaru

Re: Push 2. For Beginners?

Post by miyaru » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:56 am

Why not, I started Ableton with the Push2...... It is so intuïtive to use Push2! Just do it. I could not think of Ableton Live without Push2, it is way more fun anyway!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:45 pm

klee13 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:25 am
Could the Push 2 be used by a beginner? I've seen in posts and videos that it's very intuitive and since im spending more time with this hobby I was thinking a Push 2 and Launckey(I'm attempting to learn the keyboard) set up would be the way to go. I'm just not sure if the Push 2 would work for a newb like myself. But thanks to you guys here I'll be purchasing a launchkey.
I would imagine so. The Launchkey is a great board for Ableton as well btw.

I'd recommend reading the Push 2 section in the manual which gives a great overview of the functions.

Also Ableton and other folks have good YouTube videos too so you won't be in the dark.

B4L

Post by B4L » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:56 am

I've been using Ableton Live for for 6 ish months and initially had a LaunchKey as a controller for it. But got a great deal on a Push 2 recently and then sold the LaunchKey.

Push 2 is just more fun for me, and the scale modes are great for jamming and coming up with melodies

No reason why you couldn't have both if you have the space though