Push 2 buttons unresponsive

Discuss Push with other users.
ruanconner

Push 2 buttons unresponsive

Post by ruanconner » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:10 am

Not sure if this particular issue has occurred with anyone else; I didn't see any other similar posts about it. I contacted Ableton support and it's been almost a month and still haven't gotten any luck with a response so I'm wondering if someone here has any insight as to whats going on. I have a Push 2 that has been the center of my setup and has been used daily for about 4 years now. It has worked perfect up until now, when I turn it on it powers on and all of the 64 pads and knobs work, however none of the controls on either side in any of the sections work (play, stop, quantize, etc on the left side, as well as everything on the right minus a couple random ones). I'm not sure why all of a sudden these stopped working. They still light up but are not responsive at all, yet the 64 pads and knobs still are working perfectly fine and still responsive. I have tried going into preferences and resetting the Push 2 MIDI input/output as well as restarting my laptop several times; still nothing. I also purchased a new USB-C hub to connect to my Macbook as I thought the USB-C hub could possibly be breaking down/causing issues after having it for a few years, that also didn't help. Any idea as to what this issue could be? I had auto updates turned on so I'm not sure if an update caused this to happen but have since turned it off.

FxCircus

Re: Push 2 buttons unresponsive

Post by FxCircus » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:08 pm

Same kind of problem here, but it only happens after a couple of minutes using Push 2. After a while, all the buttons that are not pads or rotary encoders stop functionning: no transport, no touchstrip, no track selection and so on.
I f I restart the Push 2, it will work for a couple minutes until the buttons become unresponsive again, except the pads.
I recently bought the Push 2 second hand and I was thinking that maybe the unit is defective.
When I use my Push 1, that I kept, it works as usual without any freeze or anything noticeable.
But seeing your message I believe it could be something else.
Unfortunately I didn't find a way to fix it...
And, yes, I'm using a recent Mac and a usb hub, but without any issues with the Push 1 or for the first couple of minutes with the Push 2, so I don't believe that's the problem here.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:00 pm

Which Live version are you running?
Ableton Forum Moderator

therealcubillo

Post by therealcubillo » Thu May 26, 2022 10:17 pm

Hello!

I'm facing this issue with my Push 2.

Did you find any solution for this issue? I've tried with multiple hubs and laptops.

Nothing!

Any help or information would be appreciated.