push 2 shift problems

Discuss Push with other users.
poignonnec

push 2 shift problems

Post by poignonnec » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:14 am

HI,

i am a recent owner of the push 2 and in overall very pleased with the device. But there is one major malfunction that can't be resolved and i can't find any information on.

Whenever i use the shift button( for moving a device or changing color etc..) when i want to just to select a pad or track it wil again ask or want to change colors. This even though i am not holding the shift button.

Only thing that seems to help is by turning the push off and then on again which can't be right.

I tried to find if others have the same problem but it doesn't seem to be a frequent one.

Can i try some steps to resolve this from within abelton ? or is it a hardware issue and i should trade for a new one ?

i thank you for your time

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: push 2 shift problems

Post by [jur] » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:10 am

The Shift button acts like it's being stucked? Does it phisycally feel like it's held down? Does it click back when you realease it?
Ableton Forum Moderator

poignonnec

Post by poignonnec » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:33 pm

no not anything l physical like that. I suspect it is not a hardware related issue.

But i returned it to the shop to verify the problem. With them the same problem occurs when selecting color it will stay stuck as if it was the shift button was pressed. If i don't do anything with the shift button everything else will work fine. but if i want to move a device within a track it requires using that as well.

when i saw their push 2 they displayed, everything i try on worked perfectly. They said they can't do anything and that i now i have to contact and figure it out with ableton themselves.

was hoping buying physical at a retailer they would provide a better service than this but i regret not buying it directly from ableton. Cos if they don't try to help what for use have i to buy from a local shop ? but that is for another rant.

I hope ableton after the holidays can help me cos it is not an inexpensive machine and i am planning to get ableton 11 suite as an upgrade.

DonaldCam

Post by DonaldCam » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:56 pm

Hi there,

I came across your post an noticed we bought this at roughly the same time - Dec 2020. I am having the exact same issue. I bought the Push 2 from a retailer in Oxford. Are you still having issues? Did you manage to get this resolved?

Thanks,

Donald & Cam

poignonnec

Post by poignonnec » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:40 pm

Ah what a coincidence. I brought it back at the retailer who sold i, we compared their model with mine and theirs was working fine (floor model).

They first told me to arrange it myself with ableton.

I told them as a official 3rd party vendor they should provide the service of arranging it cos why else would i buy it from them and not from ableton directly ? i try to support more physical stores cause they normally provide the extra service even though in most cases a bit mroe costly.

So i pushed them to arrange it since i have my own business to take care of during the day and that i would appreciate if they took the time to do it for me.

tdlr:
They agreed to help me but since ableton was around the holidays closed they did not hear from ableton itself. They told me if ableton is aware of the issue and they give the green light for an exchange. That they'll probably going to send my unit for a new one.

So you have 2 options
1) Go to the retailer and ask them to contact ableton and see what they can do
2) If you got the time contact ableton, i believe there is a special contact for this issues but i don't know which one it is.

Bosbolo

Post by Bosbolo » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:33 am

I have the same problem. It seems like the shift is not diselected after releasing the shift button. The occurs with every shift function choosing color with shift + pad or shift + encoder to fine adjust a parameter for example.

After installing version 11.0.5 shift button is without any function! shift + pad, shift + encoder work like using the pad or encoder without pushing shift as well 8O