Ableton Push 2 start-up times increase every day

Discuss Push with other users.
NateHorn

Ableton Push 2 start-up times increase every day

Post by NateHorn » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:51 am

I bought a Push 2 a few weeks back but have been noticing an annoying issue.

It seems that every time I go to use my Push from the day I got it the startup time is longer and longer. Due to complete coincidence I reformatted my studio PC a week ago and found that the startup time of the Push was returned to being just a few seconds. It seems that on a fresh computer the push will start very quickly, and the more I use it the slower it gets - and reformatting the computer somehow 'resets' this, and gives me back a fast booting Push.

Frankly bizarre.

What's the Push clogging itself up with that's causing these slow boot times? Is there something wrong with my device or is this a software issue? Do I need to do some kind of setup outside of Ableton that I've somehow missed? I tried googling it and all I could find was people complaining about the startup time of Live - which I don't have any problems with, I'm just sick of having to be careful about when I turn on the Push and then expect to have to wait a couple minutes for it to do something before it'll let me use it. I've found the least path of resistance is to wait until Live is fully loaded before turning on the Push - in fact even if the Push is mid-boot it's often better to turn it off and on again once a Set has loaded as that'lll likely be quicker than waiting for it to finish if I turned it on before opening Live.