Linking Push + midi keyboard to separate tracks?

Come here to discuss Push with other users.
For tech support, please head to http://www.ableton.com/help
PhunnkMunk

Linking Push + midi keyboard to separate tracks?

Post by PhunnkMunk » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:07 am

so I've got both Push 2 and a Komplete Kontrol MIDI keyboard. from my experience so far, it seems that both control units get assigned to whatever track currently is selected to record - and sometimes it seems they switch to another when I merely select/highlight another track...

is there any way I can set each/either to "lock" to a particular track?

i.e. having the Push linked to a track with my drum rack, and the keyboard linked to a particular track with a synth on it - and I can just around to other tracks to do different work (such as tweak their plugins, automate, etc) without these two devices both automatically getting assigned to it.

would be excellent to have the Push ALWAYS set to the drum rack and keyboard to something different, only changing if I did it manually. seems like something basic that should be straightforward, though it seems there's no intuitive way to do this and haven't been able to find anything in the documentation either...

jestermgee

Re: Linking Push + midi keyboard to separate tracks?

Post by jestermgee » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:14 pm

Not possible. Anything that is a control surface cannot lock to a track and will follow your position in the session so push cannot lock to a track. Been asked for but not possible.