Push 1 no MPE ??? Really

Discuss Push with other users.
flyweight@rocketmail.com

Push 1 no MPE ??? Really

Post by flyweight@rocketmail.com » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:46 pm

Just deployed AB11 and MPE does not seem to work.
Am I missing something? The hardware can do it. Did Ableon leave it out making push 1 absolete? :evil:

RaadsKoen

Re: Push 1 no MPE ??? Really

Post by RaadsKoen » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:25 am

flyweight@rocketmail.com wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:46 pm
Just deployed AB11 and MPE does not seem to work.
Am I missing something? The hardware can do it. Did Ableon leave it out making push 1 absolete? :evil:
i didn't know, that the hardware can do it. i expected it, but...

my advice... contact ableton support, in my experiene, very helpfull. can be simple oversight. i see no problems, that i could work.

gross9978

Post by gross9978 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:41 pm

Push has poly aftertouch but not true MPE. Neither push 1or2 can do that. Poly aftertouch is turned on in the push2s setup page, I’m not sure on push1 but I’d think it’s the same.

ben1210

Post by ben1210 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:33 pm

Had to reinstall the firmware on Push to get it working. Turn off Push, open Live, hold shift on Push and turn it on, continue to hold shift and follow the update instructions on screen, once you see the receiving sysex message on Push you can let go of shift, once completed follow the prompt and restart live. Once it has restarted, press and hold the User button on Push and you can set Pressure to "Polyphonc". Poly AT is working for me and with the touchstrip set to modwheel you're half way there, took a bit of tweaking with the threshold to get it right for my clumsy fingers

smoothsailingmusic

Post by smoothsailingmusic » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:19 pm

ben1210 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:33 pm
Had to reinstall the firmware on Push to get it working. Turn off Push, open Live, hold shift on Push and turn it on, continue to hold shift and follow the update instructions on screen, once you see the receiving sysex message on Push you can let go of shift, once completed follow the prompt and restart live. Once it has restarted, press and hold the User button on Push and you can set Pressure to "Polyphonc". Poly AT is working for me and with the touchstrip set to modwheel you're half way there, took a bit of tweaking with the threshold to get it right for my clumsy fingers
Dude. Thank you so much for posting this. Was bashing my head against the wall trying to do mpe with push1 on my hydrasynth desktop. Following your post step by step got me there! Cheers!