Push 2 no preview sounds in browser

Discuss Push with other users.
spaldy

Push 2 no preview sounds in browser

Post by spaldy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:30 am

When I browse the library preview sounds are not audible even though Preview is ON. It's a new Push 2 and I had it working after I installed, but the sounds have disappeared. Everything else works. I've got the MIDI Input and Output set to "Ableton Push 2 (Port 2)" and Track and Remote checked. Any ideas?

Cheers

[EDIT]
I think it may be something to do with Live thinking all library sounds are corrupt or not licensed. I had my library on an external drive which I pointed Live to after I installed it on my new laptop. I reauthorised Live and it seemed to briefly work, but I've just noticed no sounds are previewing directly in Live because of this issue. I was hoping to avoid downloading and reinstalling the library again.

spaldy

Re: Push 2 no preview sounds in browser

Post by spaldy » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:34 am

In case anyone loses ability to preview sounds in the Core Library or Factory packs, I solved the above problem by changing the cache folder to a non-system folder (desktop in my case). For some reason it kept working after I changed it back to the default location in /AppData/Local/Ableton (windows) without altering permissions, but I ain’t complaining.