List of visualized Ableton devices and M4L devices

Discuss Push with other users.
Zyko1

List of visualized Ableton devices and M4L devices

Post by Zyko1 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:05 pm

Hi all

I was really surpised when I recently used the "tuner" device and it didn't show anything on the Push 2 display (just the ugly "No parameters mapped"). I would've expected that I can see some kind of graphical representation or atleast a simple display of the detected note/frequency.... the consequence is the tuner-device is useless without looking at the computer-screen (which is something I try to avoid as much as possible).
Also the "sampler" device is totally useless on the Push's screen. I think I remember that atleast "simpler" has a visualization on the Push screen.

Could someone list which ableton- and M4L-devices are "fully" integrated into Push? I didn't find anything in the manual. By "fully integrated" I mean something like the "compressor" device with a nice, useful visualisation and fully controllable from Push without touching or looking at the computerscreen.

Why is this not yet done for all Live-devices? What's the long hold-up? Do it already! ;-)
Same goes for the officially via Ableton-store bought M4L-devices.

Best regards,
Zyko

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: List of visualized Ableton devices and M4L devices

Post by [jur] » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:11 pm

Quite a lot of them actually:
- every new devices since L10
- every re-designed devices in L11.
Plus a few other ones that have visualisation since the intoruction of Push2 (like Compressor, EQ8 etc...)
Ableton Forum Moderator

Zyko1

Post by Zyko1 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:32 pm

[jur] wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:11 pm
Quite a lot of them actually:
- every new devices since L10
- every re-designed devices in L11.
Plus a few other ones that have visualisation since the intoruction of Push2 (like Compressor, EQ8 etc...)
Thanks, but not very helpful. Basically you are saying "go try every single one of them out", but that's why I am asking because I don't have the time to try every one out or try to reverse-engineer what has been released and updated since 2 major updates.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:44 pm

Well, your welcome. Maybe I don't have time to list all of them... :?:
C'mon, if you don't want to try them all then you'll find out as you load them.
Between now and your first post you could have tried them one-by-one...
And what's the point of listing things without even knowing what type of device you would need?
And the M4L list would be quite exhausting to do.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:13 pm

Zyko1 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:32 pm

Thanks, but not very helpful. Basically you are saying "go try every single one of them out", but that's why I am asking because I don't have the time to try every one out or try to reverse-engineer what has been released and updated since 2 major updates.
Trying them out is the only way really, experiment with them, you may learn something new with one, you never know.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P