Push 2 PROBLEM WITH MULTIPLE DRUM RACK USE

Discuss Push with other users.
chordole.vv

Push 2 PROBLEM WITH MULTIPLE DRUM RACK USE

Post by chordole.vv » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:20 pm

Hello there.
I have a problem with my Ableton Push 2.
Its new for me so i am very newbie into it.
Also i am very sorry for my bad english.

Anyways, here we go:

So my problem is i want to use multiple Drum Racks. So i choosed one column for a KICK Drum Rack and filled it with my favourite Kicks, Next column is my BASS Drum Rack and i filled it with my favourite Bass Samples, next one is my Percussion Drum Rack and i filled it with my favourite PErcussion Samples.. and so on...
Now i have the problem, that i cant use them all.
For example: I can switch from my choosen Kick Drum Rack to my HiHat Drum Rack, but if i wanna programm a hihat into my sequence i still programming in my Kick Drum Rack, even though i choosed my hihat drum rack...

i hope anyone can help me. I am from germany by the way, maybe somone can help me and sees which setting i forget to do or sees my problem?

best regards
johannes

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Push 2 PROBLEM WITH MULTIPLE DRUM RACK USE

Post by [jur] » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:01 pm

You mean you're using one drum rack per instrument type, and each drum racks on their own track?
If yes, then you can route them all to receive midi from a "global drum midi track" and sequence them from here, all in a single midi track.

Or you can organize them in one single Drum Rack. In this case you can look at the "Selector Kit(s)" (found in the Core Library) and see how they're built (there's other technics, but this one seems to match what you're trying to do if I understand you correctly).
Ableton Forum Moderator

chordole.vv

Post by chordole.vv » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:17 pm

HI I SOLVED THE ISSUE!!!
HERE IS HOW TO SOLVE IT AND USE MULTIPLE DRUM RACKS RIGHT.

Just build some Drum Racks and put your samples in. The only thing yyou have to do to use multiple drum racks is: TO BUILD GROUPS.
To build groups you need to open/select the chain selecter in the Drum Rack Settings. Its the third button from the upper left corner. Put the grey button to yellow to open it.
Select all your Samples and right click and put them to one Group(Grouping). An under group chain will appear.

Now you are able to create another Drum Rack and do it the same way. Done. The issue i before announced is now solved. There are no more overlaps between the drum racks.

Hope this helped somone with the same issue.
Best regards thanks to the universe

chordole.vv

Post by chordole.vv » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:19 pm

[jur] wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:01 pm
You mean you're using one drum rack per instrument type, and each drum racks on their own track?
If yes, then you can route them all to receive midi from a "global drum midi track" and sequence them from here, all in a single midi track.

Or you can organize them in one single Drum Rack. In this case you can look at the "Selector Kit(s)" (found in the Core Library) and see how they're built (there's other technics, but this one seems to match what you're trying to do if I understand you correctly).

Can you please tell me how to route them all to receive midi from a „global drum midi track“. I have no idea how to do it. Or what I should do

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:18 pm

Create a midi track (let's call it "sequence track) alongisde your drum rack tracks,
set every drum rack track's input chooser to this "sequence track" and set their input monitoring to IN.
Ableton Forum Moderator