Ableton 11 and Push two occasional crashing

Discuss Push with other users.
Zadok Wu

Ableton 11 and Push two occasional crashing

Post by Zadok Wu » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:20 am

Ableton 11 is amazing. So happy! My only real issue has been, since upgrading to Ableton 11, is that the push will crash about 1 time every time I sit down for a 1-2 hour session. By crash, I mean, not responding, and I have to use the power button to turn it off and on again. I am not exactly sure what I am doing to trigger it yet.

I am wondering if there is something I have missed in terms of needing to do a special update of some sort?

jestermgee

Re: Ableton 11 and Push two occasional crashing

Post by jestermgee » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:27 am

Os?
Specs?
Connected to usb2/3/C/hub?
Power supply connected or no?

Zadok Wu

Post by Zadok Wu » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:06 am

Fully up to date / latest OS X. It is connected to a recent MacBook Pro (so usb-c) via a usb hub. (Cant find a cable that would go straight from push to MacBook pro usb port). Not plugged in with power supply.

I don't think its anything to do with the hub/cables, simply because nothing has changed except the Ableton upgraded. Although I see Ableton 11.0.2 just came out. Hopefully that will help 😀

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:05 am

Zadok Wu wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:06 am
Fully up to date / latest OS X. It is connected to a recent MacBook Pro
Just for future, it is ideal to always post version numbers, not "latest... most up to date" because if people search this in a year, the "latest" is not known. Good help starts with good information.

Well one suggestion straight off the bat, connect the power supply to Push and retest just in case it is a power issue that accumulates over time such as a poor quality hub struggling to power Push effectively. Unless you know exactly what the issue is or specifically what is not part of the issue, do not fall into the trap of "I don't think it is this or that..." even if things worked in the past, things can change. If the hub is not powered it could be that, could be something else entirely but until you rule out all the variables it could be anything from puch, to cables, to hub, to computer to software. Need to rule things out that are not the issue.