Push 2 Sporadically re-starting

Discuss Push with other users.
hectorplimmer

Push 2 Sporadically re-starting

Post by hectorplimmer » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:15 pm

Has anyone had this problem?
Every now & then my Push's screen will go blank but the buttons will stay lit. Sometimes it stays like that and eventually comes back on, sometimes it'll go blank > show the Ableton logo/start-up thing > come back on & sometimes it'll stay blank & I have to turn it off & back on again.
I've got the Push plugged in with the mains lead.

Mark Williams

Re: Push 2 Sporadically re-starting

Post by Mark Williams » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:14 pm

Usb cable firmly pushed in?
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

vrisono

Post by vrisono » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:39 am

I once had same problem, and I plug the cable on faster USB port and somehow that's a fix for me.

hectorplimmer

Post by hectorplimmer » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:24 am

That could be the problem actually, I'm currently using a USB hub that's full. It might not be getting enough power.

Thanks!

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:18 pm

If push is plugged in with mains power, wouldn't be a hub power issue as that is not supplying the power.

But could be a crappy/dodgy hub (Push needs a decent data connection due to the data for the displays and leds) so obviously test on a dedicated port or with other gear disconnected if possible. Could also be a poor connection so make sure to use the original lead and it is firmly connected.

Could also be a ground loop problem especially if Push is powered from a different outlet than your computer so make sure Push and your PC are powered from the same outlet.