Push 1 vs Push 2

Discuss Push with other users.
mrblackbat

Push 1 vs Push 2

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:46 am

I'm sure there are posts here for this, but searching for them is a bit tricky with they keyword Push!

I currently have a Push 1, and I was wondering how much better/what additional features Push 2 has over and above the first gen?

Links for reading etc most welcome along with personal views and opinions.

vrisono

Re: Push 1 vs Push 2

Post by vrisono » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:35 am

I can't compare as I only own Push 2.

Have you watch this video? https://youtu.be/FzXqGp2YV6k

There are other YouTube videos about Push 1 and 2 comparison if you search.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:07 pm

The use of color coding and unique graphics for some parameters on Push 2 makes it MUCH easier to know where you are at a glance. There's a lot less generic interface UI used, which I find useful. Also the new button layout is a lot more intuitive for me as well.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

mrblackbat

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:04 pm

The video was helpful, thanks. The colour coding does look useful along with the display; though I currently do tend to blend looking at the push and laptop screen.

With the resell value of a push 1, have to decide whether the upgrade is worth it!

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:14 pm

If you like to stay within the Push workflow using the screen to switch tracks, sequence things and see clip data and waveforms etc all on a single little screen, P2 is def worth the upgrade. If you are colourblind like me and get frustrated at some of the colours of P1 pmixing or the fact some of the LEDs are not the same white colour, P2 is far better. If you want slightly better feeling buttons and pads then P2 is a winner.

If none of that is really of interest and you just need some of the integrated workflow then P1 is probably fine. I used P1 since release then did the upgrade offer to P2 when it was released and could never go back to P1 even though I don't use it heavily, the display is just too nice. If they made VST parameters work better with Live and allowed at least custom renaming I would use Push a lot more.