MIDI control surface non responsive

Discuss Push with other users.
reubenk

MIDI control surface non responsive

Post by reubenk » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:18 pm

Hi guys,
I just bought a Push2 today and so far it has been unusable, and I was hoping someone here may be able to help. As seen in the video attached, when I follow the Ableton support guidelines by setting my Push2 Input & Output to Ableton Push (Live) the controller becomes unresponsive, until I completely remove it as a device.. it then works albeit erratically, and I find myself having to fiddle with Track/Sync/Remote often to keep it working.

I am using Ableton USB supplied and plugging straight into my Mac - and have tried various other USB cables to no avail. I have tried multiple times rebooting my Mac, turning the Push2 on and off, etc but still never really makes a difference.

video -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2esnwhq0ird8n ... 2.mov?dl=0

Specs:

OSX Catalina 10.15.7
Ableton Live Suite 11.0.2
Push2 Firmware up to date

Thanks in advance!

jestermgee

Re: MIDI control surface non responsive

Post by jestermgee » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:18 am

Deselect (completely) the Track/Sync/Remote options under MIDI setting for Push, not needed at the moment (sync will not be needed at all so leave that off).

With Push powered ON, launch Live. Push needs no actual setup as it should simply auto configure.

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... ush-2-Mac-
Launch Live
Push 2 requires Live 9.5 or later to work. Make sure to download and install the latest available version from your User Account.

Push 2 will automatically configure as soon as Live is running, provided its MIDI ports are correctly detected by MacOS. This is how your MIDI preferences should look once Push 2 is plugged into your computer:
So should be no need to setup anything, but also check your security prefs to make sure Ableton is selected in all security sections for authority.