Push 2 Map To Macro

Discuss Push with other users.
R.

Push 2 Map To Macro

Post by R. » Tue May 04, 2021 3:06 pm

Just a quick one - can you map an encoder from push 2 straight to a macro without having to right click and use the mouse?

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Push 2 Map To Macro

Post by [jur] » Tue May 04, 2021 3:48 pm

Push is automatically mapped to the devices.
If you're talking about custom midi mapping with Push's User mode, then midi assignement is done like with any other controler.
Ableton Forum Moderator

vokinpirks

Post by vokinpirks » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:55 am

I do believe that R. is rather talking about instrument/effect rack macros. When you have a racked device and you want to map a parameter of the device to a rack macro you have to use the mouse (Right click -> Map to macro N).
This is how this could be achieved on the Push: one tweaks a device parameter, then goes to a rack, opens either of the macros pages, then there are at least two possible ways: a) holds Shift and touches a desired knob b) long-presses an upper display button that corresponds to a desired knob.
An obsessive knob twiddler

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:47 pm

vokinpirks wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:55 am
I do believe that R. is rather talking about instrument/effect rack macros. When you have a racked device and you want to map a parameter of the device to a rack macro you have to use the mouse (Right click -> Map to macro N).
This is how this could be achieved on the Push: one tweaks a device parameter, then goes to a rack, opens either of the macros pages, then there are at least two possible ways: a) holds Shift and touches a desired knob b) long-presses an upper display button that corresponds to a desired knob.
As soon as you select the rack the previous control over the parameter is lost so this wouldn't work.

Cheers
D

vokinpirks

Post by vokinpirks » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:07 pm

S4racen wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:47 pm
As soon as you select the rack the previous control over the parameter is lost so this wouldn't work.
Well, Push 2 could just remember which parameter was tweaked prior to switching to a rack.
I mean they have implemented something quite similar for Wavetable where you can add a parameter to the matrix.
An obsessive knob twiddler

ikediggety

Post by ikediggety » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:36 pm

i have the same question. i can't believe this wouldn't be implemented, it seems so obvious... i don't want to scroll through pages in analog to get between filter cutoff and envelope, you know? should just be a way to highlight those knobs and tell push "make this a macro knob"

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:34 pm

ikediggety wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:36 pm
i have the same question. i can't believe this wouldn't be implemented, it seems so obvious... i don't want to scroll through pages in analog to get between filter cutoff and envelope, you know? should just be a way to highlight those knobs and tell push "make this a macro knob"
You need to rack Analog first. Then you can right-click any parameter and select "map to macro x".
Ableton Forum Moderator