PUSH 1 pad sensitivity problems

Discuss Push with other users.
Bonbap

PUSH 1 pad sensitivity problems

Post by Bonbap » Wed May 26, 2021 5:45 pm

Hi Guys,
I bought a secondhanded PUSH 1 with some malfunctions on playing pads (the 64 ones)
The problems:
Pads lost a lot of sensitivity, i was only able to use when put the threshold on -17 or -19. When i put on -20 the sensitivity gone too crazy.
I was able to click on pads like when using the step sequencer mode, but i cant play drums or instruments very well the pads was too bug and crazy.
ps: i pay a very cheap price on push 1, i know all the malfunction but i bought to try to make it work better here on my country a new one costs 6k and i pay like 500 bucks for it. Please no Judges, i just want to make it better and make tests.
Everything works fine but the pads sensitivity its the main problem.

I try to open to take a look and clean and i notice somethings:
A lot of screws was missing, some part of the push was closed with insulating tape.
I take off the tape open it up and clean using a dry cotton swab and some contact cleaner spray, i clean a little bit not too much for no more damage.
When i closed everything i try to use i feel that i need to push to much more hard to activate the pads, i lost the ultra sensitivity on -20 treshold but now i can play drums or instruments better, but when i use like session view or the step sequencer i need to put too much force to pads activate.
The most of the pads works but need this force to play, may needs tighten screws or something.

I already try to change treshold, velocity curve.

What can i do? someone pass for somithing like this?
Ableton Live 11
Logic Pro
Push 1
Maschine Mikro mk2

PC Specs:
Mac mini (Mid 2011) - MacOS 10.13.6
2,5 GHz Intel Core i5 (I5-2415M)
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

jestermgee

Re: PUSH 1 pad sensitivity problems

Post by jestermgee » Wed May 26, 2021 10:18 pm

If there are screws missing and tape holding it together I’d say it’s had a hard life and that’s prob the best you get. The screws are needed to create a tight sandwich so the pads are firm on the board inside. Without that structure they will loose sensitivity.

pottering

Post by pottering » Fri May 28, 2021 6:39 am

♥♥♥

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri May 28, 2021 7:23 am

Sounds like the unit is quite physically damaged, but since the Session VS Drums/Melodic pads' sensitivity difference is a firmware setting maybe you should contact support@ableton.com and see if they have some magic tool to help you.
Fingers' crossed.
Ableton Forum Moderator