Using Push 2 with Fabfilter Mix and Master plugins?

Discuss Push with other users.
SvenH

Using Push 2 with Fabfilter Mix and Master plugins?

Post by SvenH » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:51 pm

I owned a Push 2 for several years, but I sold it since it used up a lot of desktop space and I did not use the pads much.

Thinking back at that time, however, I loved using Push 2 for controlling the fx devices of Live: the color display with the surrounding buttons and encoders. I miss this ergonomic way to tweak parameters!

In addition to Lives fx, I have lately started using Fabfilters mixing and mastering plugins a lot. And when I want to dial in the exact settings of their compressor, limiter, gate, etc, it would be great if I could do that too with the encoders of the Push 2.

Therefore I now wonder how well you can control the Fabfilter mixing and mastering plugins with Push 2 right out of the box? Are most parameters of these plugins mapped to Push automatically? Does the display show relevant parameter names so that I would know what encoder to turn without trial and error? Are the most important parameters mapped to the first page?

Grateful for this information to know if it would be a worthwhile investment to purchase Push 2 (again)!

Thanks,
Sven

S4racen

Re: Using Push 2 with Fabfilter Mix and Master plugins?

Post by S4racen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:11 am

All VST's need to be configured Manually to work with Push 2.

Cheers
D

SvenH

Post by SvenH » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:23 am

S4racen wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:11 am
All VST's need to be configured Manually to work with Push 2.

Cheers
D
What do you mean by "be configured manually"? Is that something that can be done by the Push 2 user? If yes, how? Is that documented anywhere?

Abuwabu

Post by Abuwabu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:52 am

You open the VST, hit the little triangle, and then hit configure
You can delete everything that is there and then move the knobs on whatever FabFilter plugin you are configuring in whatever order you want to see them on the push. The first 8 form Bank 1, that you see on the Push 2, the second 8 form bank2, etc...
Save as default and them the plugin will open in the same configuration every time
HTH

SvenH

Post by SvenH » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:04 pm

Abuwabu wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:52 am
You open the VST, hit the little triangle, and then hit configure
You can delete everything that is there and then move the knobs on whatever FabFilter plugin you are configuring in whatever order you want to see them on the push. The first 8 form Bank 1, that you see on the Push 2, the second 8 form bank2, etc...
Save as default and them the plugin will open in the same configuration every time
HTH
Wow, sounds incredibly useful and simple to setup! Thanks a lot for your help!