Push 2 sometimes crashing when changing the tracks.

Discuss Push with other users.
MickyDuke

Push 2 sometimes crashing when changing the tracks.

Post by MickyDuke » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:29 pm

Guys, I am really stuck! My Push2 resets sometimes (shows start up Ableton logo), when I switch from one track to another track.
No matter if it is done via the arrow keys on Push, or with the mouse on the screen. This only happens when project containing
one or more VST Plugins. If there are no VST plugin in the projekt, it works great. Did all the things mentioned on the Ableton
Website (delete driver, only one Push2 in the settings, reset Live, update all drivers etc.) Tried 5 USB cables on different USB
ports on my PC in all possible ways. Checked all settings on windows...nothing to find!

And if this is not enough, Push 2 works perfectly with Live 10 no matter how many effects or plugins set on the tracks!?!?!?

Device and Configuration:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor @3.79 GHz, 16,0 GB RAM,
Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2, GIGABYTE NVIDIA RTX 3070 GAMING OC,
Focusrite 18i8 3rd gen. connected to USB-C, Ableton Live 11.0.2,
Push 2 with AC Adapter plugged, diretly connected to USB, no Hub.

Greetings
Micha

MickyDuke

Re: Push 2 sometimes crashing when changing the tracks.

Post by MickyDuke » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:24 am

That's what I called Murphys law, a software issue would not be enough:

as I own my Push2 only for about one week, I found out yesterday, that one button of the 8X8 filed is faulty.
It is the button on the left lower side of the controller. Pressing one of the buttons next to that one, triggers
it sometimes, and the absolut worst thing is, that it sometimes got totally stuck.

Finally not a good start for a new Push2 user. Device is now returning back to sender.
Don't now if I will buy a Push2 again...

Greetings
Micha