Push 2 notes/pads stuck

Discuss Push with other users.
kawasaki

Push 2 notes/pads stuck

Post by kawasaki » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:23 pm

Hello everyone. Just recently I've got my new Push 2 bundle and I was happy until started to play with it. And noticed that some pads closer to the edge randomly stuck and keep playing. Kicking the table usually helps :D or hitting pad one more time.
So I tried to reinstall Windows/Ableton, no other software except drivers, changed sensitivity/gain/dynamics - nothing. No difference if I use sounds from library or playing synth. I use RME Babyface Pro as sound interface. Unit is connected via USB directly, no hubs. Just fresh windows, drivers, Ableton.
Video example:
https://youtu.be/5QA-mzVnI3Q
The thing is that I have replaced 2 units with the same issue :roll: on video you can see 3rd unit. So, now I'm thinking probably something wrong with my karma? :)
Also opened ticket in support.
Thanks for any advice.

miyaru

Re: Push 2 notes/pads stuck

Post by miyaru » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:16 pm

Go on exchancing units until you have a proper one. Most of them are good. Never had a problem with mine anyway....... But then again it is almost 4 yrs old, and is from an other batch.

It could be a hardware thing, so as I said change it 'till it's good - and good you opened a support ticket.
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:38 am

What is the sensitivity setting in push options? Tried backing it off a bit?

kawasaki

Post by kawasaki » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:39 pm

thanks for reply to everyone. basically I came to the store and sales person proposed to replace unit and test until I find proper one. We replaced 2-3 units and only this one works like clocks. I guess this is more a hardware issue rather then program bug or misconfiguration. Of course, assuming the price of the device I expected more quality control before selling. Sales person told me that I was not alone with this issue and luckily we found proper unit for me. So I'm happy now :D really great extension to PC with Ableton installed. Also installed wooden stand, looks amazing 8)