Device view persists when switching pads in drum rack?

Discuss Push with other users.
megamaeng

Device view persists when switching pads in drum rack?

Post by megamaeng » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:15 pm

I don't have a Push 2 so this is more of a question as to how the screen behaves when selecting different pads in the drum rack.

I currently have an Instrument rack that contains some midi effects and an external instrument, with macros set up for control. If I load this up on multiple pads in the drum rack and navigate in push to show me the macros of the instrument rack for that pad, does the same view persist when switching pads? Or does it reset to showing me some other parameters when switching?

Basically I want to be able to quickly go from pad to pad and edit the macros of the instrument rack that is loaded up on each pad, without having to press some other button to show me the macro knobs for the instrument rack that is loaded up.

This is the behavior that I see in Ableton and I just use the mouse right now to adjust each set of macros. This isn't bad because I can just hover the mouse over the macros and switch the pad I am editing via midi note. but I would love to be able to control it with knobs that are auto mapped to these instrument rack macros when switching drum pads. Just wanted to confirm before picking up a push 2.

Thanks!