New clip to inherit the settings of the clip above it

Discuss Push with other users.
LargeMedium

New clip to inherit the settings of the clip above it

Post by LargeMedium » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:34 pm

(I'm using a Push 1, but I imagine this pertains to Push 2 as well.)

I'm using Scene Workflow, Push 1, and Live 11.
When I press New on the push, then record into the new clip, I want the new clip to inherit the settings of the clip above it in the same track. In particular, I am using a GROOVE in all the clips in the session, and I want the new clip to have the same Groove automatically set.

Any help is appreciated.
-- Mathew

LargeMedium

Re: New clip to inherit the settings of the clip above it

Post by LargeMedium » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:15 pm

... So to clarify
While in Session mode on the Push 1, I want my new clips to have the same groove applied as the rest of the set. (I already applied a groove to the rest of the already existing clips.)
Please let me know if any more info would be helpful.
Thanks!
-- Mathew

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:54 pm

...i do this by copying the clip into a new slot...this way the groove settings will be copied over to the new clip...
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

LargeMedium

Post by LargeMedium » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:59 pm

(Are you using Push?)
I'm hoping to keep a smooth workflow. I'd rather not have to duplicate a clip then go in and delete all the existing notes before I can start recording into this new clip.
-- Mathew

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:32 pm

…to avoid this i‘ve set up a dummy clip - meaning a blank clip with the groove setting - and copy this whenever i need it…and yes, i have a push2…
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

LargeMedium

Post by LargeMedium » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:38 pm

Thank you for your input. This is a fine work around, but while in a performance I want to keep my hands off the mouse. So I still am hoping for a way to have new clips that I create by hitting the *new* button on the push have the desired groove set up.
-- Mathew

Abuwabu

Post by Abuwabu » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:09 am

LargeMedium wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:38 pm
Thank you for your input. This is a fine work around, but while in a performance I want to keep my hands off the mouse. So I still am hoping for a way to have new clips that I create by hitting the *new* button on the push have the desired groove set up.
Can you not hold duplicate on the Push 1, hit the dummy clip, and then hit the pad you want it copied to?

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:45 am

👍…that‘s the way i do it with my push2…i don’t know if it‘s also possible with push1….

LargeMedium

Post by LargeMedium » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:10 pm

Yes, I can Duplicate a [template] clip with push 1. But that means I'd need to always have one handy. Not so easy if I'm way down at scene 85. Very cumbersome for me.
-- Mathew

Abuwabu

Post by Abuwabu » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:35 pm

LargeMedium wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:10 pm
Yes, I can Duplicate a [template] clip with push 1. But that means I'd need to always have one handy. Not so easy if I'm way down at scene 85. Very cumbersome for me.
Right. Gotcha....

I am sure you could do it with ClyphX Pro. And if you coupled that with Push Hacker 2 the world would be your oyster. It's a deep dark hole though

LargeMedium

Post by LargeMedium » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:34 pm

So, it's a "no" then.
Well thanks for the work-around suggestions. But I was hoping for a built in functionality.
Though a simple M4L solution would be welcome.
-- Mathew