Should I "Push" for used?

Discuss Push with other users.
noexit

Should I "Push" for used?

Post by noexit » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:50 pm

After several years of waiting, I'm considering purchasing Ableton as I may now soon have the "free time" to use it. I'm also considering purchasing a "Push" bundle. Question, though for the community: Is it worth it to buy a "New" push bundled with a New Ableton license? Or would it be better to pick up a "Used Push" from ebay or perhaps our forum from someone who may have decided it "wasn't for them". Has there been any significant upgrades to the hardware versions that I should watch for?

Also, as an educator, I'm going likely leverage the educator's discount on the bundle purchase as well.

Thanks for all your guidance and attention!

miyaru

Re: Should I "Push" for used?

Post by miyaru » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:56 pm

Buy it new, and test it properly! :D
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

dougdi

Post by dougdi » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:55 am

Push 2 is very well constructed, but I wouldn't trust used in this case. I don't know how the bundles are priced, Live Suite would be a great addition.
Doug

AndyD77

Post by AndyD77 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:43 pm

Another vote here for buying a new one as part of the bundle, I've read of people buying used, only to find sticky or less than reliable pads. You're possibly not going to have enough time when buying it used, to fully try it out to find any issues, before any return period ends. Can't got wrong with new! Enjoy it and have fun when it arrives.