Record Push Live [Resampling] While Controlling Midi Channel with Push

Discuss Push with other users.
prodjordanfox

Record Push Live [Resampling] While Controlling Midi Channel with Push

Post by prodjordanfox » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:15 pm

I have been looking for this for a while. I think it's best if I explain what I'm trying to do.

I have 2 different MIDI controllers (Komplete Kontrol & Ableton Push) controlling different midi channels and instruments. I have the two instruments grouped and armed along with an ungrouped audio track that is resampling the output of the group.

Here is the issue. I want to live record the group's output because I'm changing instrument presets while playing.

When I hit record on the audio track that is capturing the group's output it obviously begins recording but when I try to go back to the Midi Channel/instrument the Push is controlling, the audio track immediately stops recording... therefore not capturing the group's output.

I cannot find an internal answer on how to keep the audio track recording while Push is controlling a midi instrument. I'd imagine a third party plugin could accomplish this but it also seems simple enough to handle within ableton itself.

Any answer would be great!

vokinpirks

Re: Record Push Live [Resampling] While Controlling Midi Channel with Push

Post by vokinpirks » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:54 am

AFAIK you can 'force' arm on a track by pressing and holding the track's button for a second (that's a lower display button under the track name). Now if you go to another track the armed track, well, stays armed. To 'unarm' just press and hold the track button again.
There is one more way to do it. It's documented in the manual:
Hold Record and press the lower display button for a track to manually arm it
Tried to reproduce your use case and the both solutions seem to work. You can arm any number of tracks and switch between them freely.
An obsessive knob twiddler