Why no Push discount for Suite owners?

Discuss Push with other users.
wasoota

Why no Push discount for Suite owners?

Post by wasoota » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:24 am

I've been getting more into a workflow where Push might fit in nicely (looping, clip launching) but I was amazed to see that the price Ableton offers me as a Suite Owner is the same as Push+Intro, so basically the same as if I didn't own Live at all, whereas I'd get a $100 discount if I bought push+suite.

Has the Push 'crossgrade' gone on sale ever or should I just forget about buying it from Ableton? I've seen better prices already online...

B4L

Re: Why no Push discount for Suite owners?

Post by B4L » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:08 am

Push deals are rare but do happen. I got a free Suite upgrade with mine (bought from a different country and paid shipping costs though) then sold the spare Suite licence.

If you want it now just buy it then sell the Intro licence. Someone else can use it to upgrade to a higher version if they want

wasoota

Re: Why no Push discount for Suite owners?

Post by wasoota » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:55 am

Thanks yeah, I may end up buying it elsewhere and doing that, it certainly seems to be what Ableton expects you to do. Who in their right mind would pay more for push than retail and not get an extra Intro license on top...

Or I may go with a Launchpad Pro. I'm not fully decided yet and being able to leverage my previous investment with Ableton would have been a factor in favor of Push, but alas.

Decisions, decisions. :)