How to custom map Push 2 to Roland TR-08

Discuss Push with other users.
inainup

How to custom map Push 2 to Roland TR-08

Post by inainup » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:23 am

Hello friends,

Apologies in advance if this information is elsewhere on this forum or the internet. I feel that I have done my due diligence to search for guidance prior to posting this question. :)

What I'm trying to do is rather simple, custom map the pads on the Push 2 to the boutique Roland TR-08. Ideally, I would like to map the knobs as well, but more importantly, I'm trying to get the pads organized first.

I got as far as syncing Push 2 with the TR-08, I get a signal and they talk to each other. But the issue is that I'm not able to access some of the TR-08 sounds such as the congas, claves, and maracas. My guess is that because they share a channel on the TR-08 with the toms, rimshot, and hand clap respectively. When I flip the switch on the TR-08 to activate the conga, for example, I still get the tom sound. Also, some of the pads on the Push 2 deliver the same sound.

Is there a way to custom map the pads on the Push 2 to each sound on the TR-08?

First I tried setting up individual audio tracks and routed each output from the TR-08 independently. I got sound to come out but was not able to access all the drum sounds from the TR-08. Then I went the drum rack route and ran into the same issue.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me out!