Trigger one instrument from multiple midi tracks (and have the correct push config for it)

Discuss Push with other users.
joschwenk

Trigger one instrument from multiple midi tracks (and have the correct push config for it)

Post by joschwenk » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:03 pm

Hey,

I like to have one midi track for bassdrum snare and hihat, and one more for percussion running parallel. So I can combine different percussion patterns with one basic drumloop.

So I create a midi track (Track 1) and put an instrument on it. Then I create a second MIDI track (Track 2), and set "MIDI To" to Track 1. Easy, it`s working. But when I select Track 2, my Push 2 device does not know, that things are for Track 1. And so it does not show the Drum Pads, it uses the default midi channel configuration with the push "Keyboard", and I can`t change parameters for my drum machine in Track 1.

Is it possible, to make this work? Or is there another possibility to have 2 midi clips running parallel on one instrument. I don`t want to just copy the whole device because of performance.

Thank you!

jestermgee

Re: Trigger one instrument from multiple midi tracks (and have the correct push config for it)

Post by jestermgee » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:11 pm

Can't force a track to display another tracks layout so no way to do it as you are thinking, but have you simply tried using an empty drum rack on track 2 so you can maintain the drum rack layout on Push?

joschwenk

Re: Trigger one instrument from multiple midi tracks (and have the correct push config for it)

Post by joschwenk » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:27 pm

I can even put the same drum rack to the channel and disable it. But the problem is: The "Midi to" selection is gone after adding a drum rack to the channel. It`s then an "Audio to". Is there a solution for this?

Additionally, it is not possible to change the drum racks parameters from there. But that would be ok. I just want to be able to "Play" the instrument from the other channel.