Control scale with macro inside drum rack.

Discuss Push with other users.
pete22

Control scale with macro inside drum rack.

Post by pete22 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:35 pm

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this. I load 50 hi hat samples into a drum rack, and I would like to scroll up and down the scale like moving midi notes in the piano roll. Is this possible with a macro or midi mapping? I know I can hot swap the pads but it’s not very quick and I have to load each one at a time, I’d like to somehow replace the arrow key on my keyboard with a macro. If that makes any sense.

Thanks

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Control scale with macro inside drum rack.

Post by [jur] » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:13 am

Do you want to transpose those samples? Or want them to be all played by the same midi note one at a time and chosen from another midi parameter?
Ableton Forum Moderator

pete22

Post by pete22 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:15 am

I want to move the midi notes up and down with a macro. Not transpose thanks 👍 :wink:

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:28 pm

I'm not sure to understand what you're after.
Each sample is load in its own drum rack cell, or are they all in e.g one Sampler instance? The former I suppose.
You need a midi note to trigger a sample anyway, so why note using notes?
Or are you after something like what we often call a "127"? If that's what you're after then check how it's done in the "Selector Kit" (it's in the Core Library).
Ableton Forum Moderator

pete22

Post by pete22 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:11 pm

Thanks il check that out. So in the piano roll if I put 16th notes in scale and draw midi notes in on every 16th note I have a full clip from left to right. If this is in a drum rack I can then move all the notes up and down with my mouse or arrow key which then selects a different sample within the drum rack. Can I assign a macro to do this on push 2? I can do this but it will be a long way around.

https://youtu.be/839Ug8q10Is

Thanks.